Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukkin cold breh :ohhh: I just followed you on the cloud
I appreciate it. They upgraded SoundCloud maybe a month or two ago I need to reconfigure it I think.

I'm not going to have the time to retinker with this one, I thought we were exclusively using the sample. I wasn't aware I could use my own instruments and such in conjunction. Different sites have different beat battle rules. I like how this came out melody wise I need to get my drums up cause other cats' drums are crispy as fukk.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I appreciate it. They upgraded SoundCloud maybe a month or two ago I need to reconfigure it I think.

I'm not going to have the time to retinker with this one, I thought we were exclusively using the sample. I wasn't aware I could use my own instruments and such in conjunction. Different sites have different beat battle rules. I like how this came out melody wise I need to get my drums up cause other cats' drums are crispy as fukk.

Breh any time we have a sample battle, you can always use your own instruments. It's just that vocal samples or adding other types of samples to your beat aren't allowed.

I did it that way so cats would have to be creative as fukk with what they have instead of trying to get bonus points by adding extra shyt. For example one guy might make a dope ass beat with no vocal samples, while the next guy might make an average beat, but they decided to add vocal samples or chop up another sample and splice that with it, bascially going that extra mile. But cats might vote for that beat since it got extra shyt going on, but it's not necessarily the better beat.

I agree with you on the melody part. That shyt is awesome and I followed too right after I heard it. So far everyone's beat has been dope, but I like your's the most with ODOT being a close 2nd.

If you ever work on that beat again and post it up, tag me. Thanks

Apex

Banned
Daps
When y'all post beats, do you mix/master them beforehand or just upload the raw beats?

I did a bit of mixing on the beat that I uploaded, but I didn't master it. @KushSkywalker 's beat is very loud, so I'm assuming he mastered it.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
When y'all post beats, do you mix/master them beforehand or just upload the raw beats?

I did a bit of mixing on the beat that I uploaded, but I didn't master it. @KushSkywalker 's beat is very loud, so I'm assuming he mastered it.
Not really, I mean sort've.

I have the L2 limiter on the Stereo bus doing very little. Does help make it a little louder though.

This is the setting I have it on.

jrtljt.jpg

I have other tricks to making it louder. Like JJP Strings plug in on the sample. And Renaissance Axxx plug in on the drums. Which isn't really meant for drums but one of my little tricks.