OG Street Figures vs New Millenium Street Figures...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@murksiderock
Maybe music is today’s generation way of telling they story, and plus all them goofy documentaries people put on YouTube about nikkas who died or supposedly killed

You may be on to something, it's plausible...

I guess for me, I lived thru it in the 00s and 10s. I hear entertainers talk about the journey I walked, I hear old heads talk about the journey I walked but there's is glorified because they were born earlier, which wasn't in either of our control, theirs or mine...

I'm not a supporter of the lifestyle, but given there is a clear market for creating works of art based on the lifestyle, and there is a market for talking about the lifestyle, I wish that cats from the 00s and 10s had that platform, too...

Soda Papi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Times changed. Nikkas are content with not being the next Rich Porter or Frank Matthews. Just flipping a pack every once in a while is the most a lotta nikkas gon do nowadays and nikkas that sell hard are doing so in more discrete ways now than face-to-face.

Then again I’m only in my 20’s and I’m just going off what I’ve observed

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Those documentaries are 100% the modern version I wouldn’t be surprised if films get made on some these individuals in the future

Imagine a KI movie

Or a movie on King Von or Pop Smoke

Could see some hood Tubi movie on Ralo or some shyt :mjlol:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Darwinist process. Organization/definable structure is what brings the attention, and the stories. No name, no profile, no mistakes, no heat.

Outide of that, now it's just renegades going through the motions like the knuckleheads they are.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
New millennium street legends don't get as much notoriety because crime was trending down in most cities and even the biggest hustlers weren't probably pulling 80's and early 90's street money.

But I think many 2000's street legends are well known locally in their own cities. In San Francisco, Boobie made his name in Hunters Point in the 2000's. But he was similar to Big Meech because he was in his 30's in the 2000's. Black C from RBL Posse said Boobie never even hopped off the porch as a kid in the 70's and 80's or as a young man in the 90's. But in the 2000's, Boobie was behind the whole West Mob vs. Big Block feud that resulted in dozens of deaths. Boobie was a certified kingpin too. He got hit with major fed time too and just came home from being locked up since the early 2000's. I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a Boobie biopic.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Was nikkas reading Don Divas corny to you too?

That’s a false equivalency though. The Reddit community and crackers in general are entertained by this shyt in more of a spectacle fashion, whereas the average type of person that was reading a don diva magazine was people actually close to those environments, inside those environments, and or involved with the criminal element at one point in their lives.