Ok, I have a question. So when Black Panther came out everyone was embracing their African roots.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Self love isn't what is needed in the first place. And Im not making broad assumptions about what what may hapoen tho whom because something or somebody did this. Its just a waste if time imo.

Well, we can agree to disagree on the self love thing, but the bottom line for me is that I ain't tripping off of anyone who find BP inspiring to better themselves.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see the problem in black people enjoying entertainment. its almost if you guys think we are not allowed to have some respite and joyful moments.

granted the movie was orchestrated by Disney, but it did feature a majority black cast and black director. In an ideal world, we would have our own studios/machine and create/dictate our stories, but it has to start somewhere. there are videos of young black kids interacting with the cast/director and they got emotional cause kids don't get to see people that look like them being major "heroes" in movies all the time.

now, i'm not one of these foolish folks that thinks "representation" will lead us to the promise land, but I also don't feel like nikkas need to get on their high horse about it on the internet because they didn't participate in the hype or whatever.

it was a blockbuster movie that some enjoyed, it should just be left at that.

I don't think the sequel will have a similar impact as its a sequel, and as with most popular things, something is cool until it becomes too cool and then the popular thing becomes shytting on it. as this thread already shows somewhat.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I mean, for real. Some of y'all need therapy. Or some p*ssy. Or both. :bpgucci:

People will talk mad sh*t about a Black produced, Black-directed, majority Black casted superhero film, but will lose their sh*t when their favorite billionaire-cac-owned basketball team makes it to the Finals. :martinbp:

Let people get excited for what they want to get excited for, crab-in-the-barrel-ass nikkas. Hating on other people's happiness doesn't make you a better person. :cambybp:

images

Black power :skip:

You stay worshipping crakkka owned property but thinking you’re Malcolm X :mjlol: I’m sure Disney appreciates your free advertising of their products

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I thought this was a troll thread, but it's not really. Reading some of the responses, I think people are deliberately avoiding answering both parts of the question.
If you go by the things posted on social media accounts during the opening of BP, and then read things posted on those same accounts about a year later. it would seem like a drastic shift.

I think high level marketing was responsible for both sets of public displays.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not tho.

I thought the african garbs was too much being that none of us are african.

But its not a form of religion its just entertainment

My statmenet wasn't really about the garb. It's about the amount of energy and attention shown to entertainment as opposed to other things for one's development.

King Khufu

CARTEL MAFIA GANG
Daps
Reppin
At Ur Mama's Bando
It was sadly a fad sold to be a trend. When things are a trend it undermines the underlying reality behind it. Meaning if black pride is a fad then the illuminati can sell W/S all over again!

Though the one positives About it a month after I seen the movie I was at the liquor store with my boy one day and I seen lot of bros that day all buffed.