Old heads hanging on the 90's being more physical & that made it better unappreciation thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was listening to Charles Barkley on Jim Rome today on the way to work. This clown has so little perspective on basketball :snoop:. They were talking about how the warriors would match with the 1996 bulls, and all barkley could go on about was how physical the game was. Rambling about how the bulls would want to play in a fast era (teams played much faster then compared to now). Kept going on about how the bulls had to keep running into Detroit and seemed to have no clue that rodman wasn't even on all 6 bulls team. No awareness of what zone defenses did to change the game, and not even once seemed to think that you need to be able to hit 3's to thrive in the modern NBA. Not even low key the be like mike campaign and the marketing of the entire Jordan era long term was really bad for the league because nobody can appreciate what's in front of them. The icing on the cake was hearing this big dummy talking about how weak and watered down the league is now. Does he not realize the league added 6 teams (90 roster spots) from 1988-1995? I know he ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but so many of these guys think this way. I really hope this generation ain't this jaded and bitter 15-20 years down the road.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
I was listening to Charles Barkley on Jim Rome today on the way to work. This clown has so little perspective on basketball :snoop:. They were talking about how the warriors would match with the 1996 bulls, and all barkley could go on about was how physical the game was. Rambling about how the bulls would want to play in a fast era (teams played much faster then compared to now). Kept going on about how the bulls had to keep running into Detroit and seemed to have no clue that rodman wasn't even on all 6 bulls team. No awareness of what zone defenses did to change the game, and not even once seemed to think that you need to be able to hit 3's to thrive in the modern NBA. Not even low key the be like mike campaign and the marketing of the entire Jordan era long term was really bad for the league because nobody can appreciate what's in front of them. The icing on the cake was hearing this big dummy talking about how weak and watered down the league is now. Does he not realize the league added 6 teams (90 roster spots) from 1988-1995? I know he ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but so many of these guys think this way. I really hope this generation ain't this jaded and bitter 15-20 years down the road.

Barkley don't even watch games he's like that old drunk at the bar that overhears a convo and just chimes in with some back in the old days they played for the love of the game and played the game the right way bullshyt

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
I played 2K yesterday with the Bulls and dropped 83 with :mjpls: on nothing but mid range J's, dunks and free throws. The REAL way to score.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To be honest, not everything was better in the 90s.
A lot of babies born in the 90s turned out to be some whiny self centered bytches.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Reasonable Doubt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
Magic Johnson only old school player who doesn't hold on to the past and appreciate the new generation and u can even tell by magic business sense

Charles and Oscar open up a store and I guarantee u dudes would still be selling starter coats, the big afro picks and puma pumps...

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Magic Johnson only old school player who doesn't hold on to the past and appreciate the new generation and u can even tell by magic business sense

Charles and Oscar open up a store and I guarantee u dudes would still be selling starter coats, the big afro picks and puma pumps...
I don't know about that but I know Walt Frazier would sell that old shyt

Lol

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold

nikkas got some Pony's on display talking bout this the hottest shyt out

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
297.png