Old heads: what’re your thoughts of Sheff G?

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Dude is a perfect blend of a lot of the current styles and one of the best of this generation(in my opinion). I’ve never really met anyone who thought his music was trash, But this is the coli we’re talking about here unfortunately. :francis:so I’m interested in hearing a different perspective.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Not for me at all, but I don't feel like breaking down what's bad about this for the nth time and being called old, hater, etc.

you can’t on one breath say it’s not for you then call it “bad”. That’s the disconnect and what ruined this board. KRS ONE does not make music for me AT ALL based on what I like, but I wouldn’t call it bad. You have free reign to discuss why you don’t like it, that’s the point of this thread, to spark conversation on a new up and comer, because that’s severely lacking. but it’s not a place for the whole, “it’s not what I’m used to so it’s bad” thing that constantly happens on here. If that’s the case you might as well just stick to the threads filled with what you are used to

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Real question

Tell me what's special about him

How is he different, what makes him stand out from anyone else out right now ?

For one.. Not feeling those beats you posted
They're not trash but they're not hot either

He got a good voice but feel like he's using it wrong
He need to Toss all those adlibs in the junk file

He sounds like Ross woke up at 6am from drinking lean all night and decided to record a couple tracks while still laying in bed

He needs a producer and an original sound or he's just another nikka

Last edited:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
you can’t on one breath say it’s not for you then call it “bad”. That’s the disconnect and what ruined this board. KRS ONE does not make music for me AT ALL based on what I like, but I wouldn’t call it bad. You have free reign to discuss why you don’t like it, that’s the point of this thread, to spark conversation on a new up and comer, because that’s severely lacking. but it’s not a place for the whole, “it’s not what I’m used to so it’s bad” thing that constantly happens on here. If that’s the case you might as well just stick to the threads filled with what you are used to
Fine. The "bars" are elementary and repetitive. His voice is decent, but it sounds like all the other cats doing that. Some of the beats are okay, but it does nothing for me. It lacks skill and originality. Even the videos are interchangeable.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
This post sums it up

Real question

Tell me what's special about him

How is he different, what makes him stand out from anyone else out right now ?

For one.. Not feeling those beats you posted
They're not trash but they're not hot either

He got a good voice but feel like he's using it wrong
He need to Toss all those adlibs in the junk file

He sounds like Ross woke up at 6am from drinking lean all night and decided to record a couple tracks while still laying in bed

He needs a producer and an original sound or he's just another nikka

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Seems alright when he actually raps and isn’t harmonizing. The beats were pretty underwhelming though

• Dap
Reactions: NZA