Old School vs New School beef is brewing

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
between the comments from Chief Keef, Yachty, Uzi Vert, Young Thug etc there seems to be strong "I don't give a fukk" about the past that hasn't been in rap before. Not to say that rap hasn't always been a young mans game, and even more so, a new persons game. But the rappers in the 90s still paid homage (by and large). My question is where do you stand on the argument? Since rap is so different now do you think young rappers need to know their history? Does it even matter?

Do you feel older rappers should stfu and let the young dudes cook? What's your thoughts?

LOOPY

All Star
Daps
The main problem nowadays is that ya old stupid motherfukkas don't want to let go n then simuntaneously hog the lanes n try to dictate shyt for the young nikkas.

From the stupid corny fukks like Ebro n Elliot Wilson. Men in their late 40s rocking snap backs n sandals trying to tell us what's hot n what's not. To old ass rappers still trying to keep up with the youngins like Diddy n 50. Nobody trying to hear ya nikkas when we got thousands of ppl ranging from 18-25 who we can relate to more.

There's a reason why we respect ppl like Andre, Hov n Dre. N that's cause they put on for the next generation n give game while doing it.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Young rappers need to study and pay homage.
Old rappers need to salute and mentor the young brehs that do.

I don't care what any of these young rappers say, they grew up on somebody and they need to pay homage and stfu about legendary rappers they didn't grow up on.

Ultimately, a Masta Ace vs. Young Uzi beef isn't gonna go anywhere b/c their respective fanbases don't give a shyt about each other.

Unless Nas or Jay jump in this...it's not gonna matter. The days of a rapper like KRS getting attention for calling out a rapper like Nelly is done.

LOOPY

All Star
Daps
You coli dudes need to think back to when you were 18 (I kno that's gonna be long time for a lot you nikkas :wow: )

But would u rather hear a 18 -22 year old Nas n Snoop rapping bout street shyt.

Or a 30+ year old BDK or Krs?

Would you rather hear a young funk flex spinning at the tunnel?

Or go to a Dj Kool Herc Sunday BBQ?

I honestly just get so tired goin on the Internet nowadays and try to discuss new hip hop with old ppl. That's why YouTube n soundcloud n ppl like Akademiks have boomed lately, seems like all the young nikkas just discuss it there.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Young rappers need to study and pay homage.
Old rappers need to salute and mentor the young brehs that do.

I don't care what any of these young rappers say, they grew up on somebody and they need to pay homage and stfu about legendary rappers they didn't grow up on.

Ultimately, a Masta Ace vs. Young Uzi beef isn't gonna go anywhere b/c their respective fanbases don't give a shyt about each other.

Unless Nas or Jay jump in this...it's not gonna matter. The days of a rapper like KRS getting attention for calling out a rapper like Nelly is done.
Didn't krs lose that beef though :mjpls: