Omnipresence is the newest NYPD tactic you've never heard of

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
Lower crime rates in New York City can be attributed to a variety of reasons. A couple of reasons I find interesting:

1) Violent crime is committed by a select group of individuals who are repeat offenders (based off a study from the 1970's). If you lock them up for longer sentences, your crime rate will drop since they will be unable to commit crime.

2) An ebbing of the Baby-Boomers led to a decrease in crime. Crime in the US began rising as baby-boomers began entering their teens. When they became too old, or dead to commit crime..the rates of crime began falling across the country except in a few cities.
That lead paint and leaded gasoline flow...

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
The prison industrial complex is used to lock people up so they can drop the crime to make way for gentrification.

I don't think gentrification is the main goal for politicians pushing for longer/harsher prison sentences. However, I do believe that the jobs provided to mostly rural and white areas in the US contribute to the prison-industrial complex. There's a vested influence in seeing these jobs continue. Also, the CCA is pushing for longer prison sentences too. I've always thought that these vested interests are symptomatic of the problem of the US having money in it's politics. A lot of issues would be mitigated by having voter-subsidies and stricter campaign financing limits (i.e. no corporations or unions being allowed to donate, restricted to $1000 per individual).

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
If you put floodlights on in the hood, the robberies and shootings will just take place in the nicer neighborhoods.

The NYPD has a vested interest in keeping guns on the streets. If the higher ups actually told the state that real shyt...that the guns in NYC don't come from NYC, that they come from VA and below, then maybe we'd get some progress. Maybe then the state would tell DC yo...the country needs better gun control laws in order to stem the violence in its inner cities.

But you know what? That's not gonna happen. Because then the cops would actually have to do real policework and actually co-exist with the community.

How many cops in the NYPD right now are people who grew up in the 5 boroughs? How many are minorities? These are the people that actually want the minorities OUT of NYC so that they can move back from the suburbs and reclaim the city.

The shyt is all a very clever loop of fukkery.

Lack of ownership causes all this to happen. IF there were more minorities that owned property and joined minority organizations and minority owned institutions that paid the NYPD's bills, then the cops would be :whoa: at the thought of attacking us.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
how about the mobile watch towers that they have now? :sas2:

500_skywatch_3.jpg
SnwNwkw.jpg
pfJbg0X.jpg

Them boys dont play out there huh?

Those aren't new, they had those in the projects in Newark for years

I like this flood light idea, they just need to place them so they don't bother residents when they sleep.

Some sirens would be nice too

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Shootings are still happening with the flood lights, brah. Drug sales are still happening with the flood lights, brah.

Bodies are dropping every night in Tompkins and Albany.

I'm really not feeling the flood lights aspect of it. They've turned the projects into an open air prison. What type of message does that send to the residents?

it says "get out if u can and if u cant, make sure your kids can at some point"

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps
We need this type of stuff in my neighborhood, in the past week 3 girls were murdered in separate but equally disgusting crimes (2 were robbed, one was killed by her boyfriend). Last year (or maybe 2 years ago) after a woman was raped, mamed and murdered while her 4 year old son stood and watched the police force had something similar go on just more blatant. Full on if you're in the street after 9pm you gonna get stopped and searched, it only lasted about 3 months and the day the cops moved out shyt went straight back to "normal".

Was a beautiful time, saw crackheads regain their complexion :mjcry:, kids were in the house before sunset :mjcry:, stores could stay open until later because they didn't have to worry about being robbed:mjcry: etc.

Only downside was constantly being stopped by the police and coming home from work every night being greeted by one of these at the entrance to my neighborhood.

During the time I didn't witness, experience or hear of police brutality, but I do believe if stuff continued that way they would eventually have abused their power.

casspir.jpg

My hosepipe was stolen off my lawn during that time though :beli:.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Lack of ownership causes all this to happen. IF there were more minorities that owned property and joined minority organizations and minority owned institutions that paid the NYPD's bills, then the cops would be :whoa: at the thought of attacking us.
Man don't even get me started on that shyt

Like I said homie...a vicious endless loop of fukkery

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Yea cops dont play that shyt pretty much anywhere else in the city. Orthodox/Hasidic Jews even have their own police

But a lot of black people have been conditioned to live with that kind of authority figure lording over them... be it the NYPD or the prison system

I dont know how we can break the cycle, its deep

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yea cops dont play that shyt pretty much anywhere else in the city. Orthodox/Hasidic Jews even have their own police

But a lot of black people have been conditioned to live with that kind of authority figure lording over them... be it the NYPD or the prison system

I dont know how we can break the cycle, its deep

:snoop: @ that shyt. That is some childhood trauma shyt where people are conditioned to act wild unless someone is looking over them and abusing them.

it says "get out if u can and if u cant, make sure your kids can at some point"

Let the CACs and other groups have those cities back. Minorities need to learn that owning the roof over your head and generational wealth is the key to prosperity. Not looking for a "good job"

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why? If the people living in those areas owned the land theyd pay property taxes and have much higher political clout. That's not to blame them for not having that, just acknowledging how the game works

okay, twism

There is no black ownership in Brooklyn. You got me!