On this day 1 year ago, Lil Wayne released his thirteenth studio album - Funeral

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
What’s crazy is that Wayne was RAPPING Rapping on this album...much better lyrically than that period where fans were calling him the greatest rapper alive...

...and no one cared.
It went gold and It produced a platinum single so somebody cared.

I think this political ideologies and worldview has Cause people to back off from his music

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Careers get stale. Wayne can still rap rap but I dont know if the younger generation gonna carry him like how we did 10 years ago.
Very true And even still 11 years or 12 years after his peak he is still going gold and featured on all of the young kids projects Which is far better than most people at this point in their career

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
It's a combination of too much music being released and the album not being as gravitating to the general public...

Album did good though. His side series always do about 500K to 1 Mill.

At least he isn't TI, Jeezy status :yeshrug:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
What’s crazy is that Wayne was RAPPING Rapping on this album...much better lyrically than that period where fans were calling him the greatest rapper alive...

...and no one cared.
The album got trash reviews compared to C5.
Rapping rapping can only take you so far, making interesting, cohesive and fresh music is what separates you. Album was like 25 songs, after one play I could only remember the songs with features and heard nothing that like something I hadn't heard before. Therefore, I had no interest in going back might as well play his old shyt.