On This Day 16 Years Ago: 50 Cent vs. Kanye West 'Clash of the Titans' Takeover on 106 & Park Aired

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

kanye-50-cent-graphic-2021-billboard-1240-1629979447.jpg

Screenshot-2023-09-11-at-09-01-59-50-Cent-Shares-Why-He-Thinks-JAY-Z-Is-So-Disappointed-by-Kanye-in.png

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Can't tell me nothing only went as high as 41 on billboard :ohhh: Felt like an bigger song back then. Straight to the bank charted higher but felt like an flop at the time.

Anyway, the better album won. I was an huge 50 stan from 03 - 05 but by 07 his super goon shoot em up bang bang music had gotten stale by 07, I was rooting for Ye..

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Classic album, but this is where Kanye really started to veer off the tracks. He was always arrogant and egotistical, but this is where he really took it there. It didn't matter because at this point, he'd reached the upper echelon of superstardom.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
I'm from Queens and I remember buying Curtis at first and only growing to appreciate Graduation a year later.

The comparison between the albums was always lopsided because Kanye basically put out the most mainstream/GP friendly album in his entire career while 50 put out a mid album that was very derivative and inconsistent. By all accounts, 50 was destined to lose and the fact that he sold as much as he did is a testament to how strong his pull and star power was in 07 even after he started to fall off.

I will say this though. In NYC, "I Get Money" was playing in people's whips more than any hit song off Graduation including CTMN.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Classic album, but this is where Kanye really started to veer off the tracks. He was always arrogant and egotistical, but this is where he really took it there. It didn't matter because at this point, he'd reached the upper echelon of superstardom.

Been playing Graduation for a few days, here and there, classic to me, and what I needed for continued inspiration around that time in 2007

what stands out to me, is his humility, or at least as it relates to Kanye. It's a personal album, stripped of a lot of grandiosity, both in the production and themes. Less self righteous. Even the sound is minimalist, toned down. He's reflective on Big Brother, maybe not entirely self aware, but it's there.

Where he started to sound like he was losing it a little, was ironically, one of his better moments during that time, Jeezy Put On,

and then 808's And Heartbreak, which he was a lot more self involved, bitter, self righteous, unhappy.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been playing Graduation for a few days, here and there, classic to me, and what I needed for continued inspiration around that time in 2007

what stands out to me, is his humility, or at least as it relates to Kanye. It's a personal album, stripped of a lot of grandiosity, both in the production and themes. Less self righteous. Even the sound is minimalist, toned down. He's reflective on Big Brother, maybe not entirely self aware, but it's there.

Where he started to sound like he was losing it a little, was ironically, one of his better moments during that time, Jeezy Put On,

and then 808's And Heartbreak, which he was a lot more self involved, bitter, self righteous, unhappy.

"Can't Tell Me Nothing" nor "Stronger" sscream humility. That is Kanye feeling Kanye.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
I be forgetting this is the reason why 50 snipes at Jay.
Jay pretty much ruined his career
yeah, 50 was PISSED when Jay came out and did Encore on 106 with Kanye

they came back from break and he was like "I could've brought out Eminem if we doing that :gucci: " (but really it was :mjcry:)

funny shyt is, Jay and Diddy did the Get Money remix....its like that shyt never happened. He hates their guts.