ONCE UPON A DEADPOOL Trailer (12/12/2018)

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:francis:

but it was believed to be a re-cut version of Deadpool 2 that would carry a PG-13 rating rather than being R-rated like the initial theatrical release

Reynolds only agreed to support a PG-13 version of the film if a portion of the release's profit went to charity; Fox agreed to donate $1 for every ticket purchased for the film to the fukk Cancer charity campaign, which would be temporarily renamed "Fudge Cancer" for the fundraising tie-in

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
they are taking advantage of ppl who will assume it's a new deadpool. They are going to be pissed when they see it is just an tv edited version of deadpool. shyt is going to be terrible pr

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I didn't watch this version and don't plan to, but for people wondering why this was even done... well China is becoming the biggest market for box office/theatrical releases yet they do not allow R-rated movies to be imported to their theaters. In the past there was some work around in that a studio could potentially put together a PG-13 cut that would pass China's stricter censorship standards.

However, apparently there was a recent amendment to Chinese law stating that imported foreign films (i.e. US films) now have to be the same cut as what was shown theatrically in that film's country of origin. In other words, China wouldn't accept a PG-13 cut of Deadpool 2 exclusively for them; it would have to be a version that released theatrically in the US and meets their censorship standards.

This was brought up on the screen junkies news channel a couple months ago, and they speculated that this was why a DP2 pg-13 version was being made. It doesn't have to make any (more) money in the US theater, it just has to be released so that it can qualify for China. Venom did 200 million in China, and Aquaman did 100+million there, so they prob see that as money left on the table

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
so anyone peep it?

didn't have time this weekend, but might peep it outta sheer curiousity

I saw it. It was hilarious to me. They went all the way in with The Princess Bride shtick. It works. Mostly the same movie, with re-cut scenes and minimum blood.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
they are taking advantage of ppl who will assume it's a new deadpool. They are going to be pissed when they see it is just an tv edited version of deadpool. shyt is going to be terrible pr
I was 200% gonna see this movie until I found out it was a re-edited version.

I'm good.