Once you become successful, you gotta leave the hood/old friends behind.....true or false?

Should They Leave It?

• Total voters
Daps
People get mad when Black people "get rich and leave the hood" but, from my experiences, new money and old friends don't mix.....this is true whether we're talking about millions of dollars or an upwardly mobile person who came from the projects.

You got nikkas hating on you, upset because you're somewhere they're not, their hands always out asking for something, people mad because you don't want to do the same things yall used to do ten years ago, people that keep you down where they're at instead of helping you move forward.

I got dudes I thought I'd be friends with forever ten years ago....but I made it out, college, job....they stayed behind, went to jail, been in the streets so hard I don't recognize them anymore :scust: If that makes me a sellout for not wanting to ever fukk with the hood/old friends, I'm a sellout :scust: I used to knock Jay-Z all the time when I was younger for leaving Dame, Beans and all the Roc alone but, I understand now.

That face Jay-Z made....I had that face like three years ago. I was still tryna keep in touch with my old crew, because at one point I really loved these nikkas. That night I looked around the room at all these nikkas with no ambition who still engaged in complete fukkery and ignorance and in my head, that was it :scust: I dapped them nikkas at the end of the night but, I swear in my head, I was saying goodbye forever :francis:

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
I dapped them nikkas at the end of the night but, I swear in my head, I was saying goodbye forever :francis:
I just came in this thread to call you an ol fake ass goofy motherfukka, but I swear if that ain't the coldest shyt I ever read in my life... But on the real, keep in touch with them at least or you'll regret it, that's like your family breh

King Poetic

High Roller
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
Leave the hood?? depends on what type of neighborhood is it... there are a lot of hood areas that are nice and gated community...

old friends??? depends on the type of friends and how they living...

i live in the hood, but it's a nice area where black & mexican and a few whites keep the area nice....

if i was making 6 to 7 figures i probably would leave to live in hawaii..

u just have to be comfortable in your own skin

Daps
I just came in this thread to call you an ol fake ass goofy motherfukka, but I swear if that ain't the coldest shyt I ever read in my life... But on the real, keep in touch with them at least or you'll regret it, that's like your family breh

Some people gotta get left behind :demonic:

I only got one close childhood friend left and that's because we both on the same wavelength (education, career, mentally). While everybody was back home selling drugs, having kids and going to jail, we were off making moves. I wouldn't even know what to talk about with them nikkas.

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
Some people gotta get left behind :demonic:

I only got one close childhood friend left and that's because we both on the same wavelength (education, career, mentally). While everybody was back home selling drugs, having kids and going to jail, we were off making moves. I wouldn't even know what to talk about with them nikkas.
I'm not saying they still gotta be ya best friends, I'm just sayin when thanksgiving rolls around, you own the people you were raised with a text, regardless of the fukkery theyre on now

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
It was hard enough pushing them nikkas out my life the first time. Let the door stay closed :childplease:
April 19th, 2015 one of them dudes might turn up dead an you gon be real sad you hadn't talked to him in a minute :yeshrug:
If they really with the shyts to the degree you're tahmbout only lord knows how long they'll be free/alive/whatever. Your boys are family man regardless of if they make bad decisions :birdman:

Daps
April 19th, 2015 one of them dudes might turn up dead an you gon be real sad you hadn't talked to him in a minute :yeshrug:
If they really with the shyts to the degree you're tahmbout only lord knows how long they'll be free/alive/whatever. Your boys are family man regardless of if they make bad decisions :birdman:

The main circle of my crew....none of them with the shyts....they just lack motivation....are bums. Hanging around them nikkas would have me like them. The outer part of our circle, they was the cousins/little brothers of my old friends. Like a year or two younger but, we all rode together. Them nikkas ended up being the delinquents. Started robbing people all over town. All three got locked up. Last time I saw them they was 18 and still somewhat innocent. Now they 23/24 and look like hardened killas :francis:

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
The main circle of my crew....none of them with the shyts....they just lack motivation....are bums. Hanging around them nikkas would have me like them. The outer part of our circle, they was the cousins/little brothers of my old friends. Like a year or two younger but, we all rode together. Them nikkas ended up being the delinquents. Started robbing people all over town. All three got locked up. Last time I saw them they was 18 and still somewhat innocent. Now they 23/24 and look like hardened killas :francis:
Then why you not tryna put your bum ass dudes on? Even if it was just one of them dudes you could really change they're life, nohomo

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Leave? Never, but I don't mess with the guys who still fukk around like that. I might stop through, chop it up and drink a couple beers every now and again. I wouldn't go anywhere with them cats or be around to much because those nikkas are still dirty.

Most of the guys are working or on some family shyt now anyway.

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
False.

Real friends stick by you through thick and thin. They don't expect handouts. They won't be counting your money. And at the end of the day if you guys are truly friends you woulda been building together in the first place. I come up every nikka wit me comes up too.

Now if you wanna be successful and act all flashy and brand new but you dont wanna give anything back to your hood? Probably best for you to move away. nikkas is hungry and theyll skin you. You get successful and you give back to the community and keep shyt humble nikkas will show you nothing but love.

Those dudes don't sound like they were your friends in the first place. Success didn't drive a rift between y'all. Life did. You chose different paths and you don't fukk with them cuz of the path they chose. Success and friendship don't have shyt to do with it cuz you wouldn't be fukkin with them either way.