One awful thing about this mixtape era is.....

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
.... if u have a decent stereo, a lot of these mixes are GARBAGE

I just put a legit stereo in my gym..... Yamaha receiver, 12" sub, nice bookshelf speakers... a lot of my favorite mixtapes are damn near unlistenable :to:

That said, well mixed tapes are :leon:

This earbud era might damn near kill sound quality

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
That muffled cassette sound though :ohlawd:
It depends on the music to a degree

But theres no reason for your shyt to be clipped and blown out :scusthov:

Or your vocals to be mad loud over the beat cause your engineer cant figure out how to mix it in

Lot of the shyt is unacceptable brehs

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
I don't know what none of these words mean but I agree.

Everything sounds good with #SMSAudio headphones though

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
i agree with this. some of chief keef's tapes sound horrible. if almighty so was mastered? :blessed:

as far as max b's joints go... after the whole jim jones situation he was on his own. he was just recording in his apartment in the bx (riverpark towers i believe but could be wrong). no real engineer, most of the time just a 2 track .wav of the beat (which most likely wasn't mixed well by the producer to begin with) with his vocals recorded over it. recording like a beast doing like entire mixtapes in a night. he wasnt even allowed to perform at a lot of places in the city then. he was doing mad shows but they were all upstate or in CT. i dont want to speculate why but im sure the fallout from who he was previously with didnt help that. max really did big things then considering how they left him out to dry. his buzz in like 08 was pretty big here

whole prob would be solved if a lotta these guys tossed the producers a little bread for mixtape beats and were able to get track-outs of the beat. i understand the on-the-fly, work fast, be constantly creating, process that some of these guys have, and sometimes stuff unpolished and raw sounds great...you can feel the vibe. but its disappointing to have artists who could very well have a budget just pull up with overly loud vocals over a dusty sounding 2 track:snoop: sosa im looking in your direction here

• Dap
Reactions: dre

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
i agree with this. some of chief keef's tapes sound horrible. if almighty so was mastered? :blessed:

as far as max b's joints go... after the whole jim jones situation when he was on his own, he was just recording in his apartment in the bx (riverpark towers i believe but could be wrong). no real engineer, most of the time just a 2 track .wav of the beat (which most likely wasn't mixed well by the producer to begin with) with his vocals recorded over it. recording like a beast doing like entire mixtapes in a night.

whole prob would be solved if a lotta these guys tossed the producers a little bread for mixtape beats and were able to get track-outs of the beat. i understand the on-the-fly, work fast, be constantly creating, process that some of these guys have, and sometimes stuff unpolished and raw sounds great...you can feel the vibe. but its disappointing to have artists who could very well have a budget just pull up with overly loud vocals over a dusty sounding 2 track:snoop: sosa im looking in your direction here
Nah..

The problem.is the artists are often too involved in the mixing... Thy have u crank volumes when ur suppose to adjust... If they mix themselves then they wanna hear everything.. All the adlibs and whatnot....during the mixing.. Leaving no room for propped mastering..

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
So many Max B tracks in his discog that are missing that thump
yo i be :sadcam: when i try to put Max B on shuffle on my ipod.. the quality jumps all over the place...one second the track is super low so you gotta turn the vol up to max..then the next track comes in loud as fukk :damn:

i dont mind mixtape quality when im listening to a mixtape, but it stands out if you put shyt on shuffle and its jumping from studio quality to some bullshyt.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It hasn't been the mixtape era since like 2011/12.

It's the (free) album era now tbh ever since streaming hit the forefront

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
This shyt right here is one of the worst mixed songs I ever heard on an album

The hook is just literally cut and pasted in from here

The shyt doesn't even match, they shoulda had bones come in and re do that shyt