One startling GIF shows why the economy is still terrible for black America

Daps
Reppin
VOID
for someone who live in the top 2 states on unemployment (rhode island and nevada) i can personally tell you how hard it is to get a job as a "nikkka" unless it's as a porter or security.
That seems to be how it is all over...

The only jobs I see black men and women in numbers doing are low level blue collar jobs, janitors, security, cooks, fast food, waste disposal, and civil service jobs like being a bus driver, a traffic cop, mailman, MTA, doorman, ups, etc...

Then at the higher level, you have black folks working at call centers and just entry level in the corporate world...seemingly shut out of high paying jobs.

Ive read horror stories on here about how they would see black men and their women get hired in predominantly white corporate settings only to get fired so those HRs and others can put their white friends and associates in those positions.

It pisses me off...this is supposedly the "greatest country in the world" yet that silver lining of opportunity and prosperity is still out of reach for black people in general here. And that's not an accident.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
That seems to be how it is all over...

The only jobs I see black men and women in numbers doing are low level blue collar jobs, janitors, security, cooks, fast food, waste disposal, and civil service jobs like being a bus driver, a traffic cop, mailman, MTA, doorman, ups, etc...

Then at the higher level, you have black folks working at call centers and just entry level in the corporate world...seemingly shut out of high paying jobs.

Ive read horror stories on here about how they would see black men and their women get hired in predominantly white corporate settings only to get fired so those HRs and others can put their white friends and associates in those positions.

It pisses me off...this is supposedly the "greatest country in the world" yet that silver lining of opportunity and prosperity is still out of reach for black people in general here. And that's not an accident.

It's true. I work for a fortune 500 company except I work remotely at home 95% of the time, and whenever, I meet with our clients (hospitals), or actually go into the office, outta like 250 folks total in the office, I seen like 5 nikkas total. shyt isn't the exception for blacks. it's mostly the norm if you're a white collar worker. And you know we ain't in management or positions of power. none of the nikkas at my job are in power. I'm just a regular worker also.

I did work for an all black company (well at least 75% black) for like 7 years tho a few jobs ago. and they had a black CEO and COO. but I have noticed that when you see a company that's got mostly all black workers, chances are, they ain't paying that great. and that's how it was there. I was able to get some decent money when I was there, but that ONLY happened cuz I threatened to bounce after my first year on the job. also, with that job, the majority of white folks they hired would only stay a little while and then bounce as soon as they could.

CriticalThought

All Star
Daps
The economy has pretty much always been terrible for black people as a whole. The only time we had full employment was slavery. :yeshrug:
But keep not listening to brehs who talk about group economics and pooling resources to rebuild for yourself. :ohhh:
Make businesses/be in a position to hire blacks but consider every group equally when they don't do that with you (and wonder why the b.e.r. is so high):mjpls:
Keep blindly voting for politicians who hang you out to dry every election cycle and don't expect tangible improvements or hold them accountable. :usure:
Keep thinking other groups see you as allies instead of competition, a stepping stone, useful idiot or food. :sas2:
Keep pretending these issues don't exist or are insignificant. Downplay what's been done historically so you can repeat the same mistakes for your kids brehs. :snoop:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
And alot of those jobs will be taken over by robots.

Let other black people call you a fakkit virgin nerd for learning computer programming. We seem to be allergic to science.

Most jobs will be taken over by robots in the near future. STEM majors included.

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im from the UK and whenever I see these type of discussions happening about how African Americans cant get high skill/reputable jobs for shyt and I get angry because i'm from the UK ... and around here there is definitely a level of this in the workplace but honestly, if you put the work in and got the experience you will eventually reach the position you should be at no matter what ethnicity you are.

and because of what I see in the UK I see these discussions and think .... maaaan you lot in america neeed to FIX THE fukk UP and stop blaming anyone other than yourself .... of course this view is skewed because I haven't experienced everyday life like that in the US. But it surprised me that in the US, the goverment has it out for ethnic population more than it does in other parts of the world.

wtf is up with US ?

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Most jobs will be taken over by robots in the near future. STEM majors included.

Not so sure about that....

Im from the UK and whenever I see these type of discussions happening about how African Americans cant get high skill/reputable jobs for shyt and I get angry because i'm from the UK ... and around here there is definitely a level of this in the workplace but honestly, if you put the work in and got the experience you will eventually reach the position you should be at no matter what ethnicity you are.

and because of what I see in the UK I see these discussions and think .... maaaan you lot in america neeed to FIX THE fukk UP and stop blaming anyone other than yourself .... of course this view is skewed because I haven't experienced everyday life like that in the US. But it surprised me that in the US, the goverment has it out for ethnic population more than it does in other parts of the world.

wtf is up with US ?

You sound like one of those post-racial #newblacks. Let me guess....you have a white girlfriend?

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps

wtf is up with US ?

:snoop:

:scust:

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
How the hell DC go from the lowest for whites to one of the highest for blacks? :damn: