Onyx truth speaks on Jerry rice c00ning and black economics - speaks on Pro black endeavours

Daps
Reppin
Prince Georges County
:wow:

TL-DR : Podcaster makes a video, speaks about pro blacks and economics, I ask when we stop talking and do more support in the smallest ways we can, I point out a few examples. At least skim through my post though. :stopitslime:

So this podcaster Gee Lowery speaks on the c00ning commerical and he digs into certain other topics. He hits on something really strong.

When do we get off of simply talking about doing better and instead either make moves to make America better for black or set aside money to assist those who are making moves to make America better?

Here is the video. I recommend starting at 7:33 unless you want to see the commercial and hear his comments during it.

But here is the thing, I've seen movements out here taking place trying to do better, people dedicating time and money to pull our race out of the rut and build. Unfortunately, doing this takes money, that's just how the world is and Gee is right in saying that being the type of pro black that actually puts his words into practice and uses their resources to build doesn't bring in the money needed to accomplish the building.

Some examples. . .

The Largest Online Marketplace for Black Owned Businesses | webuyblack.com

I've seen the owner of this website go out into the community and actually make a move to better our situation. He made this site to bring money to black owned businesses strengthening our races standing in the US, to pool donations in order to aid in startup for businesses, to put out the word that blacks need to spend. With all this, he is building on our economy

Colin Kaepernick’s latest Know Your Rights camp included DNA ancestry kits

Looks like Colin has done two Know your Rights camp events so far, making physical moves to bring awareness on how to deal with law enforcement, self empowerment and other much needed topics. He has pooled in some of that black entertainment money (what you don't see a lot of black entertainers doing even if we have a majority of our community making bank) along with our peoples money into improving our lives. He is building using information.

We all see people saying "Oh we need to build build BUILD" and some of us answer "But WHAT do we build on, what does it mean to build?" You have to start small when building and it doesn't always mean you have to do something big. You can build simply by supporting those who have the power to make large moves.

We also have a problem of wanting to see right now results, I remember our generation being called the "Gimme Gimme Generation", we keep wanting to see results now and that stops some of us from wanting to assist someone else trying to build.

We see some folks out there who may be building towards goals that may just take a few years to build up to or a certain monetary goal to make their idea happen. I've seen people look at them though and think "Oh he might be just stealing the money" "Oh he probably just a hustler trying to take it all" Mostly because we don't see right now results. Simply put, we can't see investing in the future.

I know I won't see blacks truly free in my lifetime, I came to terms with that:mjcry: But I will continue to invest in the future, simply seeing people put blood and sweat into struggling to do better for our kind makes me hopeful that my future children will see it.

I digress though, how do you guys feel? It just strikes a nerve when I see people all over social media and the internet say "Facts thats what we need" "Your doing gods work son" "hallelujah" but either not move to do their own thing for the community, build upon themselves (either with knowledge, economics etc) or physically give their support (give donations, reach out to those building and ask what they can help with).

Daps
Reppin
Prince Georges County
SMH yall nikkas want change yet you stay posting in those threads about pawgs, suits, fukkery, fat black women, trump :snoop:

A thread like this going into the trenches meanwhile, nikkas could be doing something useful instead of protesting and shyt in DC.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for this op.
Obviously you mentioned a lot of things but the part that stood out most to me was "wanting to see instant results"
That's a really Disney Princess way of thinking. It's a destructive way of thinking if expectations aren't reasonable and measureable.

I will check back on this thread later and watch the video.

Daps
Reppin
Prince Georges County
Thanks for this op.
Obviously you mentioned a lot of things but the part that stood out most to me was "wanting to see instant results"
That's a really Disney Princess way of thinking. It's a destructive way of thinking if expectations aren't reasonable and measureable.

I will check back on this thread later and watch the video.

Being a millennial myself, I understand the feeling, but people need to learn to push past that feeling and understand that nobody can build in a day. Especially building for the benefit of the black community, you don't usually earn money from the white community from it and our community either doesn't move to help them build by pooling resources.

That website, We buy black, is out giving $2,000 grants to black businesses to get them started on building their ideas. I went ahead and supported them with $5 per month investing in the future since I spend that much on other bullshyt day by day anyway.

Bottom line is, if you guys want to build so much but don't have any ideas, give some support to the brehs who DO HAVE IDEAS. I want yall to have receipts in 2017. If we had our shyt together, we wouldn't have dudes out here c00ning for coco puffs:stopitslime:

Also if yall don't want to watch the entire first video, at least listen to 16:30 onward.

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
@outordinary re-up the vid breh:feedme:
tyrone-biggums-scratch.jpg