Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later. When Attempting to start a new thread?

Daps
Keep getting the Oops. Something Went Wrong. Please Try Again Later error when trying to start a new thread.
There are no errors in my Browser console. (I use Chrome)
It was a longer thread post so I tried shortening it & that didn't work. (Are there any limits as to how many charcters can be used for posts?)
I tried turning off Java & posting but then got a 500 error?
I tried using Edge & Firefox but got the same result.
This thread was able to be posted so I'm not sure why one in the booth would make a difference. I was using images in the other thread.
I am able to Dap & respond in other threads so...
Any ideas?

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1914–1983
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Still getting this everytime I try to make a "long" post, shyt ain't even nowhere near 14000 characters.

Daps
It has something to do with long posts & links/images attached... (in my case) I never was able to figure it out? My work-around was splitting up my post into separate ones.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
It has something to do with long posts & links/images attached... (in my case) I never was able to figure it out? My work-around was splitting up my post into separate ones.

just edited finished a post on this i started working on a few days ago.

Tire of seeing this error message popup when you're trying to post a thread or comment?

9FTqf90.png

"Oops! We ran into some problems.​

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."​

A.K.A the

500 Internal Server Error​

nginx/1.20.1​

I think it appears because of badly formatted html that was pasted into post editor or the post exceeds the character limit set my the site admins or just the server refusing POST traffic for whatever reason.

my method of minimizing my encounter with this error requires using posting a thread solely in BBcode( BBcode is enabled when the editor functions are greyed out).

BBcode enabled
WBA64OG.png

BBcode disabled(HTML editor enabled)
vGtBktD.png

posting in BBcode is more complex than using the HTML editor so the 2nd part to my solution is using another xenforo forum to properly format my post then copy/paste it to the coli.

go to : https://xenforo.com/community/forums/xenforo-suggestions.18/post-thread

1. copy and paste whatever you want into the xenforo thread editor with HTML editor enabled,

2. on xenforo site, toggle to BBcode and copy the post body of your bbcode

3. on the coli the bbcode bmust be enabled, paste the bbcode from the xenforo site.

4. click post thread, if clicking post thread doesn't work the first time just press an 1-3 more times

5. if you see this loading indicator(upper right corner) that lasts for more than 5 seconds, then the post won't go thru and you must refresh the page and paste the text again.
VJwvbfT.gif

protip:
you can use a browser like Vivaldi to and add the xenforo site to the web-panel with 'show desktop version' switched on to access bbcode toggle button and post more easily.

9MqUj57.png