Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is corny af in my opinion. FU*K KOTD and anybody that love em. :pacspit:

Spelled name wrong in the thread title too by accident.. :yeshrug:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
It's been the case for the KOTD champ for years, if you have kept up with the league at all. This is nothing new. I just thought it was weird they showed up to the event, too, when they blocked it. But if they communicated with UDubb about the issue, then they handled the situation ok I guess. At least Organik explained it with a good reason.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
White non-rappers.
The scourge of hip hop.

No different than 23 of the 30 nba teams being owned by white jews that never played baskeball.

If its not on URL or RBE or something along those lines... I can't fukk with it. I don't even like the optics of those cacleague crowds. Looks like the mandingo ring fight scenes out of Django half the time.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't even see anything really corny about it. The corny part is Arsonal and UW even scheduling the battle in the first place, then they kept promoting it when they knew DAMN WELL it wasn't going to happen. They had DNA booked three weeks ago, at least, for the replacement, but they didn't sneak that shyt out to the public until the pay-per-views were already bought. I'm more mad at them than I have any feeling towards Organik.

I mean, it's not like everybody didn't know the KOTD champion couldn't battle other places anyway... hell, that's why Pat Stay wasn't even really upset about losing the crown.

Let's be real here, Ice is from Harlem. That's all you need to know about this situation. I shouldn't even be blaming UDubb. He probably had them convinced as well he could finesse the situation.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never knew leagues had exclusive contracts with some artists. I mean I get it, but at the same time I don't like it. Im more of a fan of the URL so if they do it I honestly wouldn't care, but that can hurt the game Imo. It is what it is I guess. Wanted to see Head Ice and Suge tho.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White non-rappers.
The scourge of hip hop.

No different than 23 of the 30 nba teams being owned by white jews that never played baskeball.

If its not on URL or RBE or something along those lines... I can't fukk with it. I don't even like the optics of those cacleague crowds. Looks like the mandingo ring fight scenes out of Django half the time.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
How is this corny? :rudy:

This is EXACTLY what URL does, c'mon now..

nikkas knew what time it was with URL and KOTD but tried to be slick and got blocked.

How about Ars start bein professional and stop tryna book nikkas he knows are exclusive (Chess - URL, Head Ice KOTD)

Both got BLOCKED

Ardamus

Daps
How is this corny? :rudy:

This is EXACTLY what URL does, c'mon now..

nikkas knew what time it was with URL and KOTD but tried to be slick and got blocked.

How about Ars start bein professional and stop tryna book nikkas he knows are exclusive (Chess - URL, Head Ice KOTD)

Both got BLOCKED

Yep. Just business which I get. I just thought it was weird they showed up to event, too.

Yep. People like to jump in and forget battle rap is more than just what they see now on YouTube. Do your history.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Organik also said he gave head ice the option to go through with it and he didnt

If Ice battled, he would've done himself no favours, because let's not forget - when URL left Ice without opponents, it was KOTD that booked him battles. Plus he would battle once on UDubb and get one cheque, while he can battle regularly on KOTD as the champ and get paid properly.

Ardamus

Daps
If Ice battled, he would've done himself no favours, because let's not forget - when URL left Ice without opponents, it was KOTD that booked him battles. Plus he would battle once on UDubb and get one cheque, while he can battle regularly on KOTD as the champ and get paid properly.

Probably one of my biggest gripes with URL because they did this to a few of the OGs who did good on their platform and didn't look out for them. So they have go to other leagues and battle and shyt. Ice caught a mean body against Shine (that battle wasn't great but still) and URL basically didn't even bring him back. So for me to watch Ice battles, I have to watch KOTD? I shouldn't fukking have to but apparently I do. Lol.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably one of my biggest gripes with URL because they did this to a few of the OGs who did good on their platform and didn't look out for them. So they have go to other leagues and battle and shyt. Ice caught a mean body against Shine (that battle wasn't great but still) and URL basically didn't even bring him back. So for me to watch Ice battles, I have to watch KOTD? I shouldn't fukking have to but apparently I do. Lol.
Beasley and Smack don't book people with stronger ties in the industry than them (Ice, Swave, Ars) unless it's a favor for a favor.

You see B-Magic is Homi now. Stay woke.