Organized Konfusion - "Numbers" appreciation

Daps
I been meaning on making this thread for a minute now, but that sticked Papoose thread got me thinking about this track again.

Easily one of the greatest concept tracks of all-time from the most creative group in hip-hop. The level of lyricism on this song is up there with Gza's "Labels" and "Publicity", or Ras Kass's "TV Guide".

"Now Adam twelve got me in his twenty-twenty so I'm double O seven about my four one one"

:damn::damn::damn:

Jeezuz! Prince Po went BERSERK on this fukking album. Low-key, he destroyed Pharoahe on a couple tracks off this album. Shame his solo career didn't take off like he deserved for it to do.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
yeah prince po is definitely a slept on emcee

but despite his pen game he never had the voice or presence to be a successful soloist like monch, i think he functions better in a group kinda like mega from cannibal ox

btw what's your favorite organized konfusion album?

Daps
Classic song...

It's not even low key but Organized Konfusion are the originators to these sort of concept joints

I did a classroom presentation on "Invetro" when I was in college. That's my favorite song on the album easily. The Buckwild production. The concept. The topic. :wow::wow::wow:

Pure geniuses.

People discuss how Nas may or may not have been "inspired" by Stray Bullet to make I Gave You Power, but seem to forget that Invetro also came out years before Belly Button Window too.

Just sayin' :sas2:

Daps
yeah prince po is definitely a slept on emcee

but despite his pen game he never had the voice or presence to be a successful soloist like monch, i think he functions better in a group kinda like mega from cannibal ox

btw what's your favorite organized konfusion album?

Equinox. I actually didn't buy Extinction Agenda until like a month after Equinox dropped. I was always a fan of them and "Stress" was one of my favorite songs the year it came out, but I still slept on it for 2 or 3 years after it dropped.

They borh get play from me, and oddly even though it's the older album, it's a smoother listen due to the 10 trillion skits and narration on Equinox, but Equinox holds alot of sentimental value to me, being at my first job, senior in high school, writing rhymes to the beats off it, etc.

The good ole days.....:mjcry: