Oscar trashed Floyd for making lame fights, while also making lame fights

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When Floyd Mayweather Jr. retired, Oscar De La Hoya wrote an article for Playboy that was (in my view) a hard-hitting piece and somewhat fair criticism of Floyd.

Oscar rips Floyd: Boxing better 'without you in it'

You really can't trash Mayweather for drawing out the Pacquiao fight and then draw out the Canelo/Golovkin fight. And if you're going to delay it, the least you could do is put Canelo in the ring with someone who could win.

But after last night's financial success but boxing snooze-fest in Texas where Canelo Alvarez easily destroyed Liam Smith like everyone saw coming, maybe it's time to start calling out De La Hoya on his bullshyt.

Aside from the Miura vs Vargas fight (featherweight) in 2015, what great fights has Golden Boy really given the fans in recent memory?

I guess the Linares vs Mitchell fight was good...but almost by accident. I mean who even saw that one?

:ld:

Still think Canelo is a clown for fighting at all these catchweights.
And GGG isn't any better with the way he's avoiding 168 (or frankly, a catchweight in the 160s).

Oscar needs to get his boys in the ring with Lomachenko and GGG asap and stop fukkin around.

:yeshrug:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
When Floyd Mayweather Jr. retired, Oscar De La Hoya wrote an article for Playboy that was (in my view) a hard-hitting piece and somewhat fair criticism of Floyd.

Oscar rips Floyd: Boxing better 'without you in it'

You really can't trash Mayweather for drawing out the Pacquiao fight and then draw out the Canelo/Golovkin fight. And if you're going to delay it, the least you could do is put Canelo in the ring with someone who could win.

But after last night's financial success but boxing snooze-fest in Texas where Canelo Alvarez easily destroyed Liam Smith like everyone saw coming, maybe it's time to start calling out De La Hoya on his bullshyt.

Aside from the Miura vs Vargas fight (featherweight) in 2015, what great fights has Golden Boy really given the fans in recent memory?

I guess the Linares vs Mitchell fight was good...but almost by accident. I mean who even saw that one?

:ld:

Still think Canelo is a clown for fighting at all these catchweights.
And GGG isn't any better with the way he's avoiding 168 (or frankly, a catchweight in the 160s).

Oscar needs to get his boys in the ring with Lomachenko and GGG asap and stop fukkin around.

:yeshrug:

Oscar is a fukking clown HBO as well for cosigning the garbage ass fights past few years of they whole stable they had the nerve to shyt on Floyd then put crap like this on PPV.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I am so glad Floyd made Canelo look like a C grade fighter...Let that eat away at Oscar for eternity!
He didn't

Floyd won clearly but it was no humiliation or domination.
It was close by Floyd fight standards

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
He didn't

Floyd won clearly but it was no humiliation or domination.
It was close by Floyd fight standards
I scored that 12-0 or 11-1 Floyd breh.........

It was the type of lesson that Canelo learned from so.

Daps
LBtuyth.gif

:mjlol: