"OU Boys, They My Brothers, They My Friends!": Official Oklahoma Sooners Talk Thread

How far does OU go this season?

• National Championship

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CFB Playoff Game Win

• Big XII Conference Title /w Bowl Game Win

• Big XII Conference Title /w Bowl Game Loss

• Bowl Game Win

• Bowl Game Loss

• No Bowl Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
I think there are about 6-10 OU Fans on this forum and I personally believe that is enough to have a permanent thread, especially given the continued dominance over the Big XII and relevance in the CFP every season. Please tag anybody that is a OU Boy to this thread!

@jadillac
@NYC Rebel
@Cwilk02

Expectations should be high this season even though we lost some very important players to the draft. The defense has gotten better every season under Da Grinch and I'm personally looking forward to seeing progress that SHOULD put OU in the position to not only win the Big XII, to also win a CFB playoff game and perhaps a championship. Our defense shouldn't have very many weak spots; the strength of the defense should be our D-line.

The offense should be good, but they need to show a little more consistency for the entire season, starting with Spencer Rattler... which he did after being benched in the Red River Shootout (fukk Rivalry) game last season. If Spencer starts fukking up or goes down, Caleb Williams is more than capable to lead the team as he demonstrated during his great showing in the OU Spring Game. The only question mark for OU on offense is the OL replacement... How much of a drop-off will they see with a new center and tackle and will they be able to gel quickly as a unit. OU has the stable of RB's which feature Kennedy Brooks, Marcus Major and Tennessee transfer Eric Grey (replacing Seth McGowan) and the WR corps shouldn't miss a step with Theo Wease Jr, Jadon Hazelwood, Marvin Mims & Drake Stoops with a slew of incoming top rated freshman which include Mario Williams & Billy Bowman and Arkansas transfer Mike Woods (replacing Trajan Bridges). Clearly, the deepest unit on the team.

This team is receiving media hype for being arguably top 2 teams in the nation with the returning talent they have. They need to put everything together this season!

I'm turnt!

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The loss of Trejan Bridges will hurt even tho we replaced him with the Arky transfer. McGowan had potential and now Mikey Henderson being the 3rd culprit. Just a shame.

But yeah, this has the makings of potentially great season. Only question mark is possibly Oline.

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
The loss of Trejan Bridges will hurt even tho we replaced him with the Arky transfer. McGowan had potential and now Mikey Henderson being the 3rd culprit. Just a shame.

But yeah, this has the makings of potentially great season. Only question mark is possibly Oline.

In my opinion, we have plenty of WR's that can carry the offense. I understand why Mike Woods transferred to OU, but we're LOADED.

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
OU recruiting has been busy this past week... Like 5 commitments for 2022

Jacob Sexton (6'5, 285lbs; OL) - Deer Creek HS; Edmond, OK

Jake Taylor (6'6, 290lbs; OL) - Bishop Gorman HS; Las Vegas NV

Derrick Moore (6'4, 250lbs; DE) - St. Francis Academy; Baltimore, MD

Xavion Brice (6'2, 170lbs; DB) - Seguin HS; Arlington, TX

Robert Spears-Jennings (6'2, 195lbs; DB) - Broken Arrow HS; Broken Arrow, OK

I know this is recruiting so anything is possible. We know the Oklahoma kids are a lock and offensive linemen are also a lock (that damn Bedenbaugh!!!)

Derrick Moore is the only one I'm worried about holding.