Scott Deveau
and
Ed Hammond
February 28, 2020, 7:41 PM ESTUpdated on February 28, 2020, 9:03 PM EST
  • Elliott has nominated four directors for Twitter’s board
  • Hedge fund has had ‘constructive discussions’ with company
360x-1.jpg

Photographer: Chris Ratcliffe/Bloomberg
Activist investor Elliott Management Corp. has taken a sizable stake in Twitter Inc. and plans to push for changes at the social media company, including replacing Chief Executive Officer Jack Dorsey, according to people familiar with the matter.

The New York-based firm has nominated four directors to Twitter’s board, said the people, who asked to not be identified because the matter isn’t public.

There are only three seats becoming available at this year’s annual meeting but Elliott wanted to ensure that it nominated enough directors to fill all three seats or any other vacancies that may arise, the people said. The exact size of Elliott’s stake couldn’t be determined.

360x-1.jpg

Jack Dorsey

Photographer: Cole Burston/Bloomberg

Elliott approached San Francisco-based Twitter about its concerns privately and has had constructive discussions with it since then, the people said.

Representatives for Elliott and Twitter declined to comment.

Last edited:

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dabble a little bit with stocks and I thought of investing in the Square company that Jack Dorsey is behind (just like Twitter), but after hearing Mr. Dorsey on The Joe Rogan podcast I don't know what to think of him.

Scruffy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Reminds me of Steve Jobs getting removed from Apple in the early 90's.