Over half of Americans making over $100K living paycheck to paycheck

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Inflation + lifestyle creep are real things. There were threads on how expensive cars are. Have you seen the car payments people are putting in? $700-$1000 a month car payments for entry to mid-line vehicles is crazy.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Inflation + lifestyle creep are real things. There were threads on how expensive cars are. Have you seen the car payments people are putting in? $700-$1000 a month car payments for entry to mid-line vehicles is crazy.

Yes sir. My home girl who never wanted to buy a auction car cause she swore that was beneath her, last year went to the dealership to buy a new Honda Odyssey. Once they started to show her the vans that cost anywhere from 48K to 60K she hit me up and was like ummm will your homeboy still gonna take me to the auction to buy a used car cause I can't afford these new vehicle prices....:francis:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lifestyle creep is real. As is the Jones' element.

The amount of frivolous bullshyt I get invited to spend money on with my friends making $170-300K...

I'm in the same income range & have pretty similar baseline economics (income, rent or mortgage, taxes, utilities, etc.), so it's obvious who is getting help from their parents or just not saving.

They're my friends, so I try to spend time, but your boy isn't above pre-gaming meals in order to order less at whatever new tapas fusion restaurant we need to try.

I came really close to falling in that comparison trap, but COVID lowkey saved me underscoring the lunacy of all of it.

boogers

formerly boogerwolf
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa
This is insane. Didn't watch the video but the title alone is wild a/f. People have no discipline or money management skills.
i kind of feel like if you dont watch the video you have no right to comment. im not picking on you its just how i feel in general. if you didnt take in everything OP had to say, how can you justify your comment/opinion?