Pardon my ignorance. When did it become acceptable to refer to yourself as HIM?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember watching The Kings of Comedy and Bernie Mac telling the story about milk and cookies.

"Him downstairs"
"Like who the fukk is Him? Like I ain't got no name?"
"Him downstairs...šŸ˜’"

And now I'm seeing all these athletes and people referring to themselves as HIM as if it was a good thing and this whole time I thought that shyt was insulting.

dave-dave-chappelle.gif

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I remember watching The Kings of Comedy and Bernie Mac telling the story about milk and cookies.

"Him downstairs"
"Him downstairs...šŸ˜’"

And now I'm seeing all these athletes and people referring to themselves as HIM as if it was a good thing and this whole time I thought that shyt was insulting.

dave-dave-chappelle.gif

He was quoting small children talking

Then you say ā€œathletesā€ say it with no proof.

Some people refer to themselves in the third person. But Iā€™m sure you never knew that.

Athletes have coined the phrase ā€œI Am Himā€. But thatā€™s more of a slogan/slang term.

Stop being weird :mjpls:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
That one jumped from the LMNOP people to the social media babble collective, then spread everywhere since.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL

"Him downstairs"
"Him downstairs...šŸ˜’"

dave-dave-chappelle.gif

You been :flabbynsick: for a long time.

I was just listening to a song damn near 10yrs old. People been saying ā€œ Iā€™m HIMā€