Patrice O'neal Documentary: Killing is Easy

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Is this the one Comedy Central bought from his wife?

Von tried to make it with some random people using a Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign. It didn't go well and they couldn't get it right or finish it.

Comedy Central and Bill Burr's production company stepped in to either finish it or redo it, and that's this version.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Appreciate the link - the doc was outstanding. It was so good that it made me mad at him again for not taking care of himself. :mjcry:

If he'd still been around - fukk a Joe Rogan - they would have dropped a bag on him to create content. And even then I don't know if he would have taken it.

So much of podcasting today reminds me of Black Philip. shyt like Budden's pod feels like it borrows heavily from his time on Opie and Anthony in terms of energy.

Really glad they got both Dante Nero and Von on this too - it seems like they don't fukk with each other at all, so you get one or another.

Big up to Billy Redface and them for making this happen :salute:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Appreciate the link - the doc was outstanding. It was so good that it made me mad at him again for not taking care of himself. :mjcry:

If he'd still been around - fukk a Joe Rogan - they would have dropped a bag on him to create content. And even then I don't know if he would have taken it, as well.

So much of podcasting today reminds me of Black Philip. shyt like Budden's pod feels like it borrows heavily from his time on Opie and Anthony in terms of energy.

Really glad they got both Dante Nero and Von on this too - it seems like they don't fukk with each other at all, so you get one or another.

As much as I would love Bill to just do whole episodes of his podcast telling Patrice stories, I feel why he doesn't.

The amount of times he starts telling a funny story and it ends 5 minutes later with 45 seconds of silence because he's trying to hold back tears

full

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps

If he'd still been around - fukk a Joe Rogan - they would have dropped a bag on him to create content. And even then I don't know if he would have taken it.

Opie and anthony era back then was amazing. Patrice was at his best on there, and not standup because he could just talk uninterrupted without trying to make an audience laugh. A youtuber had uploaded every single appearance patrice made and indownloaded them all and that was reallh my first podcast.

He really said on national radio, that black people should be flying planes into buildings every day for the shyt white people did.:mjlol:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps