Paul Pierce, on why the Celtics Big 3 worked instantly compared to other Superteams

FireFatMike

Get him outta here!!!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
You sound mad. What happened was Pau ready in 2008. He got bullied and punked in the paint by Boston. Boston won fair and square. Now next year, the Lakers built confidence beating Orlando and we knew what we needed to do to deal with y’all bullsh*t. Pau wasn’t scared anymore and he gave Kobe the help he needed. End of story. Stay mad :umad:

And Bynum averaged like 6 or 8 points. Something pitiful like that. So like I said, his presence, his being out there was his best attribute. Pau manning up was the difference.

Right. I remember Pau was being shamed by his home country due the Cs punking him in 08 and Spain losing to the US in the Olympics. Whole Laker squad wanted get back.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Refs

If KG wasn't injured right before the 2009 playoff started, will they have beaten the Lakers in the 2009 NBA Finals as well, yes or no?
0VDgQD.gif

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Was a 1 possession game until......

artest3.gif

FOH, Boston got control and was up by at least 8 to start the 4th and controlled the quarter until the refs got involved.

Announcers even said they've let them play all game but then you start calling fouls when it looked like they were gonna get stomped in the 4th

And they still needed that lucky ass 3 ball Artest hit.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
FOH, Boston got control and was up by at least 8 to start the 4th and controlled the quarter until the refs got involved.

Announcers even said they've let them play all game but then you start calling fouls when it looked like they were gonna get stomped in the 4th

And they still needed that lucky ass 3 ball Artest hit.

The delusional Lakers fans always ignore Lakers having a 37 vs 17 free throw advantage against the Celtics in Game 7. They are incapable of answering it

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It worked because you had three guys who didn't need the ball in their hands to be effective. Pierce was the only one that was a bit of a ball stopper. KG never wanted to be that guy to average 25. Ray was getting older so making it so he wasn't having to create for himself helped prolong his career. It was just a perfect pairing where all three of the guys were threats even without the ball in their hands.

I thought the Heat could've got another title or two if Bron took a slight step back offensively to let Both and Wade work while utilizing the threat of Bron off ball to help maximize the talent of Bosh and Wade since they weren't the all-around talents of Lebron. Bron is a great cutter, lob threat, and a defense bender off ball.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
So it seems a Big 3 works REALLY WELL when people can play their natural positions, the rest of the team complements their strengths, and they check their egos at the door/one of the 3 willingly takes a step back.

Sounds like building a team, TBH.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
It worked because you had three guys who didn't need the ball in their hands to be effective. Pierce was the only one that was a bit of a ball stopper. KG never wanted to be that guy to average 25. Ray was getting older so making it so he wasn't having to create for himself helped prolong his career. It was just a perfect pairing where all three of the guys were threats even without the ball in their hands.

I thought the Heat could've got another title or two if Bron took a slight step back offensively to let Both and Wade work while utilizing the threat of Bron off ball to help maximize the talent of Bosh and Wade since they weren't the all-around talents of Lebron. Bron is a great cutter, lob threat, and a defense bender off ball.

This is also a great point. Not enough of these "super" pairings are complementary.

FireFatMike

Get him outta here!!!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
So it seems a Big 3 works REALLY WELL when people can play their natural positions, the rest of the team complements their strengths, and they check their egos at the door/one of the 3 willingly takes a step back.

Sounds like building a team, TBH.

Facts. Thats why the Suns didn't work, imo. Book and Beal play the same position.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Facts. Thats why the Suns didn't work, imo. Book and Beal play the same position.

Agreed. I also think the Suns need a floor general/natural distributor at point. Statistically, it looks like Booker did OK in the role but assist totals do lie and he's still a scorer first.

That team needs a point man who thrives in setting other people up and everybody else sans KD needs to learn to play without the ball, if they don't know how already.