Paul Thomas Anderson’s Tenth Feature Film | Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Regina Hall, & Sean Penn | In Cinemas Aug. 8, 2025

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has Paul Thomas Anderson set to direct Oscar winners Leonardo DiCaprio & Sean Penn and Oscar host Regina Hall in an untitled film that will begin production January 21 in California. Anderson wrote the script, and he will produce the film with Sara Murphy.

The film is currently untitled and they’re keeping the logline under wraps. We have learned that it is a contemporary setting and it is the most commercial one that PTA has attempted, with commensurate budget. It came out of a relationship that Warner Bros Picture Group co-chair/CEOs Michael De Lucaand Pam Abdy built making PTA’s last film, Licorice Pizza, while they ran MGM. That film got three Oscar noms for Best Picture, and Best Screenplay and Best Director for PTA. While DiCaprio, Penn and Hall are the leads, the new film will have a big ensemble cast that is still falling into place. Anderson has done ensemble in the past, notably with Boogie Nights, the film that De Luca shepherded when he headed production at New Line.

:wow:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Looking forward to it. Licorice Pizza was great.

It's allegedly gonna be an adaption of Vineland, by Thomas Pynchon.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
It's allegedly gonna be an adaption of Vineland, by Thomas Pynchon.
Thomas Pynchon's books are just the ramblings of a stoner... at least Gravity's rainbow is
Inherent vice was based on one of his books and that shyt was boring AF
PTA fell off a cliff after There will be blood

there was no need for that Oscar winner , Oscar winner, Oscar host

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
It won't be Vineland. Loved The Master and Phantom Thread, Licorice Pizza was the first film of his that I was completely indifferent to. A contemporary setting is a good sign.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I wonder what happened to that rumored film PTA was working on about the L.A. Jazz scene in the 1950s starring Denzel

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It won't be Vineland. Loved The Master and Phantom Thread, Licorice Pizza was the first film of his that I was completely indifferent to. A contemporary setting is a good sign.
Can’t believe it’s been over 20 years since his last present-day film. Hope he gets Elswit on for this. If he ends up working with another cinematographer I won’t be mad at that either. Lot of talent out there.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Can’t believe it’s been over 20 years since his last present-day film. Hope he gets Elswit on for this. If he ends up working with another cinematographer I won’t be mad at that either. Lot of talent out there.
I think the Robert Elswit relationship is over sadly, Elswit did not like Phantom Thread. He worked with Darius Khondji on a short film with Thom Yorke, I think they would be great together. Or maybe Robert Richardson, Emmanuel Lubezki. Doing the cinematography on your own for a 100 million film is a big ask.