Paul Thomas Anderson’s Tenth Feature Film | Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Regina Hall, & Sean Penn | In Cinemas Aug. 8, 2025

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I think the Robert Elswit relationship is over sadly, Elswit did not like Phantom Thread. He worked with Darius Khondji on a short film with Thom Yorke, I think they would be great together. Or maybe Robert Richardson, Emmanuel Lubezki. Doing the cinematography on your own for a 100 million film is a big ask.
Damn. :picard:

The cinematography in ‘Phantom Thread’ made me feel like I was walking on egg-shells throughout the whole thing, and perhaps that was the point. Thought Reynolds was gonna jump through the screen and punch me if I made the slightest move. Could cut the tension with a knife whenever he shared the same room with Alma.

And I didn’t know Khonji was behind ‘Anima’. That’s really dope, and now you got me wondering. There was one music video on there that felt like something straight out of Orwell’s ‘1984’. I see PTA is still as close as ever with Thom & Co. since he’s doing stuff for The Smile.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
According to Paul's team he wanted Phantom Thread to look as different as possible from the first season of The Crown, which is set mainly in London around the same time. So they purposely degraded the film stock, desaturated all the colour. He didn't want it to look glamorous at all but it was still a beautiful film to me. Khondji might be my favourite working cinematographer alongside Bruno Delbonnel. I hope he works with Khondji but Pau is unpredictable, I reckon he will work as his own dp again or choose someone unexpected.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I wonder what happened to that rumored film PTA was working on about the L.A. Jazz scene in the 1950s starring Denzel
PTA been dying to work with this man forever. Hopeful we’ll see whatever this project is at some point. Here I am taking in the news of Leo finally starring in one, so anything is possible lol.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Unless PTA is making some serious changes to the story, I doubt it. Vineland’s a period piece. This is described as contemporary and his most commercial entry yet.

You could move it from the 80s to today. There were also casting rumors about seeking a young actress with martial arts skills which points to the ninja/secret agent stuff in the book.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
You could move it from the 80s to today. There were also casting rumors about seeking a young actress with martial arts skills which points to the ninja/secret agent stuff in the book.
Welp, everything that has come out so far is pointing to a loose adaptation of Vineland, or it could end up being its own thing really in the end. I guess time will well.

As soon as I saw Leo looking like Trevor Phillip’s next door neighbor, I said “Yup, that’s Zoyd”.

EPhtYul.jpeg

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Paul Thomas Anderson has rounded out the cast of his latest feature. Alana Haim, who made her acting debut in Anderson’s Licorice Pizza, and A Thousand and One break-out Teyana Taylor have been added to the cast, along with Wood Harris and Shayna McHayle.

Newcomer Chase Infiniti has also joined the untitled feature, which is currently in production and, as previously announced, stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Sean Penn and Regina Hall. The plot of the film is being kept under wraps.

Anderson wrote the script and will produce with Sara Murphy and Adam Somner, both of whom worked with the filmmaker on Licorice Pizza.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]