Pentiment (XB1, Series S/X, PC)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On Act 3 now, how long is it does anyone know?

I'm enjoying it more than Act 2, but I can see why most other people disliked it in comparison to the first two acts which had heavy tension and mystery throughout.

This is probably my game of 2022, although I have some nitpicks with the story and pacing. The decision by the protagonist at the end of Act 2 was beyond non-sensical for example.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Credits rolled, great game with some nitpicks about the story/pacing. Also the save system is stupid and robbed me of speaking to everyone in the town at the very end. :beli:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just got through act 2.

This game is classic obsidian without the “gameplay” in a sense.

The way all the choices and conversations play out is masterful.

More than any game is this genre i feel like my choices matter and are significant in the direction of the narrative, but also insignificant in that the other characters have their own effect on how things play out, based on my actions/choices.

This is an RPG by definition without the skill trees and attack points.

Imagine a full fledged AAA game with combat/gameplay to match this level of player controlled agency in story/narrative.

Obsidians next game bout to be crazy :wow:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the more you play the more you realise your actual choices don't matter much at all. Which is fine because the game's strength is in the story being told.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think the more you play the more you realise your actual choices don't matter much at all. Which is fine because the game's strength is in the story being told.
Yes and no.

The story will eventually end up in kinda the the same place. But my choices have had a profound effect on my interactions and experiences within the narrative.

For example in act 1. It doesn’t matter who you implicate the story will kinda plays out the same way, but from my own experience within the narrative, my choices had great effect on my actual interaction with the game and what i got to experience, and what i felt i missed out on.

It made me question my choice to even participate in the investigation in the first place, and also wish i could have/would have had more time or made different decisions to get a better understanding of things before i made the accusations i made.