People are sheep when it comes to fashion and trends

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
I was talking to my girl the other day and I was telling her about how so many people do things only because it's in style or it's trendy at the moment. For example I have been reading alot of old Coli threads and see people getting clowned for talking about wearing Rocawear,Fubu,Phat Farm or fasion brands that were popular in the 2000's. My thing is who cares if other people think it's outdated? If you think it looks good wear it. All these dudes walking around wearing skinny jeans or whatever fashion trends that's in style now, a lot of them are only doing it because other people are doing it.I have never been the one to hop on fashion trends if it looks good or I think it's cool I will wear it. I am 27 years old what do I look like caring about what other people think about what brand of clothes I buy.The thing is it's not about the brand it's how you wear it.You can have the flyest gear that money can buy but if you wear it like a bum its going to look bummy. Earlier this year I saw so many white girls and women dying their hair pink, purple, green,etc and now I barely see anyone doing it now.Then you got all these women who stick out their tognues when they take selfies just because other females are doing it. Also look at all the people today walking around with ripped and distressed jeans.Too many people are afraid to be themselves and worry too much other people think. All the nikkas clowing people for wearing certain clothing brands would be the first ones in the stores buying those brands again if they came back in style.

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go try to holla to a girl in Payless shoes and i bet you come back here to change your tune

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Some fashion brands are too in the moment to carry forward because they are a trend. When you wear certain cuts and styles of clothes past their prime you definitely look washed.

Now a wise man does not invest in brands. You develop a sense of fashion and buy things that are fashionable without being too trendy. You take inspiration from current day looks and put your spin on it based on your appearance.

Personally I assumed people were putting away distressed torn jeans for the winter. Ashy knee caps knocking around in the cold ain't wavy. Having ankle socks on in -20 weather isn't wavy either.

Cover the basics dress equal parts utility meets fashion. Marry form and function. Interject your own personality into your outfits. Custom fit your clothing style to your body type. Shop for deals and styles not brands. If you develop brand loyalty let it be for quality not status.

If you walking around with band hoodies and t shirts kill yourself poser

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
OP

That's the definition of a fashion trend. A thing that lots of people wear.

The neck beard was not that cool of a thing in 95.

I would have never thought of having one.

Til the past several years when alot of people have a beard.

Now I rock the chinstrap.

Simply because beards are cool now. I can't grow a fully for anything, tho.

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
Some people wear name brands assuming the expensive ones for the look and feel of the clothing. The more expensive brands just feel & look better than your local Sean John clothing at Macy’s or Fubu at TJ Maxx.

Daps
I buy investment pieces, well constructed clothing that is timelessly appealing and will reside in my closet for years to come. I also try to never buy anything that displays a logo or brand, appreciating the stares I get from people wondering what I'm wearing, some of them occasionally asking me where I purchased my gear from. If you do research, you'll find a lot of great, obscure brands that will do wonders for your wardrobe. Visit the website mrporter.com

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
This isn't true. The quality may be better - so they could feel better.

But Expensive =/= Looking Good.

What makes something look good is how the clothes fit you.

Yeah I get what you saying... like the shyt from Armani and Versace it may not be for everyone.

But if you ask each brand to design a black bomber style jacket it’s all gonna look different. Some will stand out and look nicer. Is what I was trying to get at.

Lamar Givens

Spitting truth you can’t handle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeshua
The best thing my grandmother and mom taught me was how to sew my own clothes.

I buy material/fabrics that feel good on me, breathe well, and are durable.

I make my own clothes.

Currently looking to find a local cobbler to teach me the art of making my own shoes.

That art is lost on the past 2 generations.

Like someone said earlier. Fashion is about how clothes look and feel on you. No two peoples bodies are the same.

Wear other people name brands and make those people richer brehs.

Wear clothes off the rack mass produced for a one size fits all brehs to impress shallow people who are still going to talk shyt about you brehs