People born in the 90s NOT recovering from Mental Health issues as they age

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
This is why I advocate for therapy. I‘m 30 and I realized over the years that our parents’ generation isn't equipped with the necessary empathy to help us through our issues due to their own upbringing. This is why you have to take responsibility for your own healing otherwise you’re going to go crazy.

Also, recovery isn‘t just about “getting over” your traumas but more about being able to put it into a greater context and ensure that you don’t repeat or perpetuate the same behaviors. The older you get, the more you realize it’s not just about you but how a better version of you can and will be a benefit to everyone around you.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The internet/social media did a number on y'all (Millennials and Gen Z). Obviously there's other factors but that made things 100x worse.

Gen X was the last generation to grow up fully formed before the internet and social media really took off.

Fred.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Y'all celebrating taking big pharma drugs now? Something about that don't seem right. :francis: I guess if it helps you.

It don't seem right because we shouldn't be dealing with all this trauma to begin with. Then you right.

Unfortunately/fortunately , it allows me to function as a human being in this so called society.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
Did you ever confront your father about this?

Oddly enough, I didn't immediately cut contact immediately like a lot of people who went through that. Probably Stockholm syndrome.

But yeah, I did. Multiple times. It was never a big confrontation from me. Just a "you did this, this and this and that wasn't cool. It really fukked me up."

And each time he would fly into a rage and start ranting and cursing incoherently (never got physical, I'm his size now and he don't want them problems, you know how bullies are).

After a few times the shyt he would say would get stranger and stranger. I didn't want to believe it but I finally had to come to terms with the fact that he is most likely mentally ill and there was no point in talking to him.

Once I accepted it, I called him one more time. Had a normal conversation with small talk, I told him I loved him, he told me he loved me. And after that, neither of us ever called each other again.

Deep down he knew what it was. I just think we were both happy to have one final positive interaction and just leave it there.

boogers

formerly boogerwolf
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa
:usure: you be fukking all night fight Hard to nut when you getting in them guts?

I'm asking a srs question cause I need to be on some shyt but I'm scared it gonna Zapp my art creative drive away and my horny levels
no :dame: but i swear on my life that abilify made my meat grow a half an inch bigger. weirdest shyt ever.

definitely helps with controlling mania but kind of blunts everything. i eventually tapered off of it. i'd take it again.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
What the hell is going on where everybody today is mentally depressed?:wtf: I understand personal things, but everybody??

Slavery, civil war, factory workers, WW1, the great depression, WW2, Jim Crow laws, Vietnam and the crack epidemic were way worse
Just say you don't want to understand breh and KIM.

"Worse" is meaningless if you are living it.