People Telling The Creepiest Thing To Happen To Them At Home.

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
As a kid, I had my own experience with some creepy shyt. I remember being home alone at 15 years old, it's 4am. I'm playing N64 and turned it off to go to bed, as soon as I started to doze off, I hear a voice whisper "He's sleep now. Let's get him". I tried to get up, but I couldn't. I was experiencing my first case of sleep paralysis and it felt like someone was sitting on my chest... Long story short. After I was finally able to get up and catch my composure, I didn't sleep for a while.

I also had experiences when I was young like 5-6 where I would see shadow people.

While googling "shadow people" I came across these stories.

1. Man breaks in and stares.
I hate writing this… still gives me the creeps.

I was like 12, and I was asleep in my family’s living room since I was sick and it was winter (My house has terrible insulation and my room was cold, family room was warm) So I was asleep and at around 2 in the morning, I’m woken up to the feeling that someone is right there. I always slept with a flashlight since I read, so it was in my hands and I turn it on and point it in the direction of where I thought the guy was. Right there, just a foot away from me, was a guy staring right into my face. The light hit his face and he turned and ran away. I let out a blood curling bloody murder scream and my mom and dad came running down stairs. Turns out he had freaking broken into our house and then stood there staring at me… 0_0 Shoot that still creeps me out.

2. Found a passed out drunk.
Was around 2002 I had just married my wife and we had just had our first baby. Bedroom door opened up and hit my wife’s side of the bed. Guess she went to get up for the baby in the middle of the night. She went to get out of bed and when she put her feet down on the floor she felt a body. She reached down and lifted a arm. She thought it was me on the floor at first then she reached over and i was asleep in bed. She started screaming I woke up. The guy passed out on our floor woke up. I chased him out of the house with a knife. Basically some drunk came in our house and passed out on our floor without our knowledge in the middle of the night. Totally fukked up.

3. Dog barking at something uncontrollably.
This is when I was in high school. I’m chilling in the living room with my dog sleeping by my feet watching TV. When suddenly, my dog jumps up and runs to the stairs, which are right off the living room. Now my dog would normally never bark unless the doorbell rang. This time he went into attack mode: growling, barking, his hair rising on end, then he would look at me trying to see if I would call him back. I was scared shytless, no one could have come home because you have to come through the living room to get the stairs so no one could sneak in. After a minute he would not let up he kept acting like something was there, just something I couldn’t see. I had to sit there as my dog was acting like he was ready to rip someone’s throat, until finally he walked back to my feet looking proud of himself. I like to think he scared something off that day, but I was very happy when we moved.

4. A peeping tom.
I lived at home. I was about 16. My parents left me at the house alone while they went out of town. We were from a small town and we had this one crazy old guy that was known as a peeping tom. Anyway, 16 year old me decided it would be smart to watch the shining alone. I’m like quarter way through the movie and I go into the kitchen to get a drink. I look out the window and a face is staring back at me. I lose it. I dropped my drink and ran to make sure the front doors locked, it was. I looked out my front window and saw the old man walking down the road.

5. Another creeper.
At my 13th birthday party I was having a sleepover with some friends. We’re all female. About 2am I look up and some weird guy in a tux with a top hat and pasty skin is plastered to the window watching us. Screaming commenced. He unstuck himself and kind of skittered away to the middle of the backyard and stared some more, his shoulders hunched, until my dad came to find out why we were screaming.

6. Son repeats creepy warning.
I got this.

Our son at the age of three would wake up screaming in the middle of the night almost every night because “he didn’t want to go in the wall.”

He’s almost 5 now and the last thing he says to my wife and I before bed is “don’t go in the wall.”

He doesn’t wake up crying about it anymore though. Creepy.

7. Daughter says something ominous.
One morning I opened my eyes and my daughter is staring at my face and says softly in a monotone, emotionless voice “The king has returned”, turns around and walks out of the room. “WHAT THE FLUFF DOES THAT MEAN? WHAT KING?” It bothered the crap out of me. I threw off the covers and ran into the living room ready to do some kung-fu fightin’ in my boxers…she was watching The Lion King.

8. An attempted break-in.
After my wife had gone to sleep late one evening, I was watching a movie in the living room. I had turned most of the lights off, closed the curtains and the TV sound was turned down so nobody would wake up.

We had some break-ins in the neighborhood, so when I heard someone at the front door, I freaked out a little. When I went to look, nobody was there.
I went back into my seat and almost nodded off when I heard the door handle on the garden door move only a meter away from my chair. I walked to the window next to the door to peek out the window and saw three guys at the door, ski masks on and one of them had a crowbar in his hand. As soon as they saw me, they bolted out the garden, over the fence.

I slept very lightly that night, with a baseball bat and phone by the bed.

9. Ex-girlfriend breaks in.
Real life issue, totally non-supernatural. Long before I met my wife, I started dating this girl who was fun at first and then the crazy came out. I eventually broke it off. She kept calling and making up pretenses that we should get together.

One night it was, “I have some pictures I want to give you that were taken at my birthday.” I told her I didn’t want to see her and go to bed. I wake up in the middle of the night, sensing a presence in my room. I roll over to this dark figure looming over my bed and I start to freak. She’s suddenly trying to comfort me, telling me she just stopped over to bring me the pictures. My terror turns to rage and I tell her to GTFO. I follow her down and usher her out the door.

I lived in the ghetto at the time, actually still do, just different ghetto, and always locked the doors. I have no idea how she got in, but fortunately never spoke to her again to ask how.

10. Creepy crawling.
Several months ago my wife and I were sitting up watching some TV. After our kids had gone to bed. We heard our 4-year-old son’s bedroom door open and then the sound of him rapidly crawling down the hallway toward the living room. We figured he was trying to sneak up on us and doing poorly. My wife mouths “watch this” and gets up off the couch. She moves toward the hallway and pounces into the entrance to startle our son only to stand up looking confused. She looks at me and says there’s nobody there. We go into our son’s room and he’s knocked out. So of course we check on our daughters and they’re asleep too.

11. An unexplained “pressure.”
About 6 weeks ago we were lying in bed. My wife had knocked out already and my lab was lying in front of our bedroom door. Out of nowhere she (the dog) starts a low steady growl for no reason and keeps it up for a good 20 seconds or so before stopping.

Suddenly, I feel pressure and hear the top blanket make noise on my wife’s side of the bed as if someone is sitting there. There is enough light in my room that I can see my dog still in front of the door but staring at my bed.

After a few minutes the pressure shifts up, the blanket makes noise again, and I’m wide awake wondering what the fukk just happened. No I did not wake up my wife, did not need her needlessly freaking out.

12. Something that sounded like his mother’s voice.
I woke up one afternoon and went directly to use my computer. Couple of minutes later, I heard my mom called me downstairs so I said “yeah?” And didn’t get a reply so I just shrugged it off. An hour later I heard our backdoor open, so I went downstairs to see who it is and my mom and sister went in. They said they went to the mall to buy something this morning.

13. A black “hovering” image.
There was a whole week where things were being moved and lights were turning on and off by themselves. One night I wake up to myself saying “Go away” and there’s something black hovering above me. It just kind of drifted to the right and disappeared. Weirdest shyt ever. It didn’t come back after that.

14. A man’s reflection.
One day about a year ago, I was brushing my teeth in my bathroom sink. I look down at the faucet and see a figure standing behind my reflection. I thought my hair was reflecting the dark shape, so I moved it back and turned around to see if there was anything there, and I didn’t see anything. I go back to brushing my teeth and look in the faucet reflection, and the shadow has moved to the corner of my room. It’s tall, like a grown man. It’s black, but not entirely. It looked like it had been charred or burned somehow. I freak out and turn around, there’s nothing in the corner. I am freaking out at this point, so I hurry up and brush my teeth as fast as I can. My curiosity gets the best of me, and I look in the faucet reflection again. This time, the shadow is gone, but there is a black shape hovering over the rim of my bathtub, and a black charred hand with long fingers lists itself up, and then disappears behind the tub. I’ve got quite a few stories from my creepy house if anyone would like to hear anymore!

15. A ghost warning them of a burglary.
When I was a kid one night we all woke up to the sound of our fire alarm going off. My mom ran to where the fire alarm was (right by the back door) and finds the back door swinging open. We had experienced a lot of haunting scenarios in the house (my sister saying a nice old man protected us while we slept) and we believe to this day that someone had broke in and the ghost set off the fire alarm to alert us.

16. An old lady standing at the edge of the bed.
My late father was a priest, and when I was ten and my brother and sister (twins) were four and a half, we lived in this old Victorian vicarage – still had the servants’ bells and everything. Anyway, one morning, my brother was sitting eating breakfast, and he just casually started talking about the “old lady” who always stood at the end of his bed; my dad did some investigating, and it turns out that back when vicars were wealthy enough to have servants a housekeeper passed away in that room…

17. A spongebob appearing out of nowhere.
Woke up at 3:30 am to go get some fruit roll ups from the pantry. As usual in winter the power was out and I had to use a flashlight. I lived alone so all noises and creeks scared the shyt out of me. Anyways i was walking down the hallway when I pointed my flashlight down my long ass narrow hallway, in the corner behind my fukking dinner table was a sponge bob pirate plushie staring me down. Note I don’t have kids, watch SpongeBob, let alone does anyone in my house. (Loner). So this freaked the shyt out of me I panicked and ran to my room and locked the door. I ended up passing out from the anxiety. Woke up at 9 and the doll was gone. Freaky as fukk. That thing is trying to kill me.

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
18. Unexplainable events in the middle of the night.
One late night last year I was home alone (a rare occasion) I was up out of bed and, as I walked past the bathroom, the toilet flushed. I was a little confused, checked to see if there was anyone in there and continued down to the kitchen. However as I walked into the kitchen, the downstairs toilet flushed, the lights went out and the taps wouldn’t run…

I nope’d the fukk back to my attic bedroom.

19. Fingers up her spine.
About two months ago, my fiancé and I had a very stupid argument. I went into our bathroom to get away and sat on the floor with my back to the door. I was crying from pent up frustration, when I felt something like a finger or two running up my back. I turned around quickly to tell my fiancé off, thinking he opened the door or maybe I didn’t close it. But no, it was closed.

What creeped me out is that I not only felt fingers, but my shirt moved up with them, exposing my skin. Like they were partially under the bottom of my shirt and it made it all the way to the middle of my back. I still get goose bumps thinking about it because I know it was real. It wasn’t something that I could write off as my imagination.

20. A ghost in the laundry room.
A ghost lives in my laundry room. I was doing laundry one day when the clothesline moved on its own. Also, I was home by myself last week and the ghost kept opening the dryer door and slamming it, all day.

21. Multiple men breaking into the apartment.
Was having a shower when I heard several rowdy male voices in the hall. I only had a towel with me. fukking thank gawd the bathroom had a window and my retired neighbor was out in his backyard gardening. They heard him yell that he had called the cops and they took off…. with my lingerie. Even after we had an alarm system installed, I never felt safe in that house again. Moved.

22. Homeless man living in the attic.
This is not me, but a friend of my mom’s. She noticed strange things in her house, food depleting faster than usual, wet towels when she didn’t remember having a shower, unlocked doors when she was sure she locked them, etc. this went on for months until she had to get something from her attic, and found home made sleeping quarters, mini fridge, hot plate, television, etc. every night a homeless person would climb a tree and sneak into her attic through a window that had a broken latch. She called the cops, they found the guy, she never pressed charges, let him stay for free for 3 months, and now he pays a small amount of rent and lives there legally. Apparently he was a really nice guy that just wanted a home to sleep in. He helps with maintenance, mows the lawn, etc. went from being creepy to a pretty cool story.

23. The ghost of his grandpa.
My grandfather passed away in 08. He was a big fan of opera music and would blare it in the morning if they ever had any grandkids sleeping over. About a week or two after his funeral, I was lying on my bed when I began to hear a scraping sound. I looked at the direction the sound came from to see a clock radio on the top shelf of my desk turn toward me, sliding across the desk, to face me and it started playing all by itself. The music it was playing was opera music. I’m not jumping to the conclusion that this was paranormal, but the timing and event was interesting.

24. The missing cat.
My cat went missing for four months just before Christmas and it started to get really cold she came back. She was on top of the fridge and she jumped down on me in the dark.

25. Paranormal events in the toy room.
When I was a kid, I slept downstairs and there was a room underneath the stairs we put all of my toys. I got up to go to the bathroom and the door was half-way open so of course I Looked into it just cause.

One of those cars that are big enough for kids to ride started to slowly, but surely, moved slowly away from the door. After seeing it I shut the door and walked straight to the bathroom. I didn’t really know how to react because I was like 6.

When I was walking back, I heard a thunk from that room. I had the idea that if I screamed something would come up.

26. Crying children and dark shadows.
Have had multiple instances where creepy things have happened in my home, more specifically only my room. While growing up, on multiple nights I’ve heard children crying. On other nights I would see black shadows going past me in the corner of my eye. During the night I would always fall into sleep paralysis and I would see dark shadows around me and physically hurting me. It came to an end one eventful night >.< I still live there on the weekends when I visit home, I’m in college. Still spooks me every time.

27. A strange silhouette.
I was probably thirteen, and my room was in the midst of being remodeled, so I was curled up to sleep on this giant, comfy red chair in the living room. My beloved little dog was curled up in my arms. All was well with the world… Until a silhouette of a person appeared above me. Mom and dad were asleep in their bedrooms. I would have heard their door open. And this thing just appeared. One second, nothing. The next, this black figure is above me, radiating pure fear. My dog jumps down and runs as fast as her little legs could carry her into another room. That’s when I realized this wasn’t my imagination. Something was genuinely there.

28. A tug, when no one was there.
I was getting changed with my door open one day and I was facing away (back to the door) looking out the window. My brother was the only person in the house with me. So, I put on my t-shirt and continued to look out the window. Then I felt my brother (I thought) literally tug on my t-shirt while I was looking out the window so I said, “stop Al”, happened again so I turned around and no one was there. My brother had gone out and I was alone, literally scared the shyt outta me.

29. FREAKY noises while the parents were out.
We had just moved into our new house in a heavily wooded area. My parents had left my little sister and me alone in the house while they went out to dinner with another couple. I was sitting downstairs in the living room when all of a sudden I hear whispering voices and then all of a sudden the television turns on extremely loudly. Thinking its my little sister i start yelling at her, when she comes down the stairs I realize she was not in the family room, and from downstairs both of us hear the sound of a bunch of glass smashing. We’re freaking out, when we realize that the laundry machine has turned itself on. Needless to say we noped the fukk out of there and ran to the neighbors. When we returned with our parents nothing was broken and laundry machine was off. To this day I believe an energy wasteful spirit entered the house.

30. Notes on the piano playing during the night.
About a year ago we bought a piano. A few weeks after I woke up in the middle of the night hearing a single note played on the piano. Spooked, I walked slowly out to the living room and found my cat sitting on top of the piano – ok, mystery solved.

A few weeks later, the same thing happened again – a single note on the piano woke me in the middle of the night. This time, though, the cat was sleeping at the foot of my bed. We have no other pets that could have done it. Again I very, very slowly crept out to the living room. There was no one there. No burglars, animals, or anything else that could have played that note. Creeped me out big time. Hasn’t happened since.

31. The ghost of the woman who was murdered in her house.
A woman was brutally murdered in my home prior to me buying it. In the room that used to be her bedroom she still makes her presence known. For example, in the mornings the windows have condensation on them and when I am in there written words will gradually appear in the mist on the window (such as happy, free, etc.). I can also hear her walking back and forth across the floor of the room when I am in the room below her bedroom. She does other things like make things move around. We coexist peacefully.

32. Someone inexplicably handing him his inhaler.
I am severely asthmatic. I lived alone at my old apartment, a little studio. One night, I woke up in the pitch black of my room feeling an attack coming on. I have an emergency inhaler in my nightstand, and blindly fished it out, fumbled it, and dropped it. I hear it scuttle across the floor.

I start trying to feel around for it. By now the attack is getting worse. I decide to hit the light switch beside my bed. I reach out, and someone puts my inhaler right into my hand.

33. Creepy-ass footsteps.
Waking up in the middle of the night and hearing foot steps come down the stairs, stop, and repeat again from the top like 10 times in a row. I just laid there and pretended it wasn’t happening.

34. Waking up with a spaghetti strainer.
Finding a giant spaghetti strainer placed on top of my head after waking up one morning. I live alone, and I’m the only one I believe who has a key. Made a lot of good pasta though.

35. Hearing a cat’s brutal death.
I heard a cat getting eaten by…something else. I was too scaredy cat to open my blinds and peer into the darkness. A lot of snarling, jaw-snapping, bones crunching, muscle tearing, and the sheer shrills and screams of a cat dying. Took a good minute before it went quiet.

36. Family members reporting the same paranormal incident while they’re asleep.
Not my house, but my grandparents. Every house that surrounds their house has had the husband commit a murder suicide on himself and his wife and kids. Both my aunt, her son, and my grandmother report all having dreams about a little girl in a white dress running through their house.

Link:http://thoughtcatalog.com/charlie-s...ing-thats-happened-to-them-in-their-own-home/

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Grew up Living in the south in the country as a kid.One day a cac appeared in my door step ringing the doorbell at 10pm.

I looked out the window near the door and said may I help you. He just stood there grinning at me with all his teeth. I repeated myself and he continued With that insane smile.

My parents weren't home.

His face bothered me.

I told him to stay right there. I went in the kitchen and got a butcher knife and a pairing knife and had one in each hand.

I went out the back porch and flanked him at the front door, basically appearing out of darkness from behind the house with 2 knives lookin like :demonic: and I asked him again. What do you want.

Apparently he didn't Want shyt because as I started walking toward him with them blades he realized he wasn't Tryin to victimize a regular kid.

Never seen a man with a gut run that fast in my life.

I threw the pairing knife at him as hard as i could. But that shyt came nowhere close to hitting him. :sadbron:

Lucky devil

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Grew up Living in the south in the country as a kid.One day a cac appeared in my door step ringing the doorbell at 10pm.

I looked out the window near the door and said may I help you. He just stood there grinning at me with all his teeth. I repeated myself and he continued With that insane smile.

My parents weren't home.

His face bothered me.

I told him to stay right there. I went in the kitchen and got a butcher knife and a pairing knife and had one in each hand.

I went out the back porch and flanked him at the front door, basically appearing out of darkness from behind the house with 2 knives lookin like :demonic: and I asked him again. What do you want.

Apparently he didn't Want shyt because as I started walking toward him with them blades he realized he wasn't Tryin to victimize a regular kid.

I threw the pairing knife at him as hard as i could. But that shyt came nowhere close to hitting him. :sadbron:

Lucky devil

Knives?:dwillhuh: Wouldn't need them if you knew BJJ :mjpls:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

My parents weren't home.

His face bothered me.

Lucky devil
When I read your story I first thought it was about the Black Eyed Children. :lupe: Those stories have me :skip:http://thoughtcatalog.com/christine...rrifying-encounters-with-the-black-eyed-kids/

It almost felt like a dream. I woke up to my dog, Lucy, barking. She was upright on the bed where my husband and I were sleeping with our 22 month old daughter, staring at our door like an unknown stranger was out there rummaging around. I thought she was just freaking out over a house noise. We’d only had her for 3 months and she was still a puppy. It could have been anything- our roommate, a creak from the house settling, the awnings moving outside in the breeze- I wasn’t too concerned initially.

I decided the best bet would be to open the door and show her nothing was there. It sounds a bit silly, but it’s what we do with our daughter when she gets scared, and I figured it should work with a puppy, too. I opened the door and she raced to the front door. She stood there, snarling at the door. It was an angry, violent growl, one I had never heard her make before. I looked groggily at her and opened the baby gate blocking the doorway, planning to open the door and show her everything was OK.

The second my hand reached for the deadbolt, Lucy went wild. She started barking and jumped toward me, and when I touched the metal, she suddenly changed her temper. She whimpered, almost like she was afraid and backing down. As her mannerism changed, so did mine- I wasn’t calm anymore. My heart was racing and sinking at the same time. I had been flooded with a mixture of fear and dread. I looked through the peephole. I can’t explain why I looked, but I did. Outside were two kids.

One was just a smidgen shorter than me, and didn’t look much younger. I’m 21, and she looked to be 16 or 17. She was slender and pale. Her hair was a light shade of honey blonde, and she wore it long, about mid-back, with long, thin, blunt bangs in the front that covered most of her eyes. She wore jeans, a light-wash that’s popular right now, and a thin-looking olive colored pullover style hoodie. She held the hand of a small girl, who looked to be around 3 or 4, in the same style jeans and a button-down ivory cardigan. The smaller one looked at the floor shyly, but had the same shade of hair, tied back in a ponytail. She held a stuffed toy under her free arm, and it was identical to one my daughter has- as was their style of dress. Had it not been for the feeling of overwhelming dread and fear, I probably would have asked these children in and given them some tea or hot chocolate to get them out of the bitter cold. Something about them seemed off. At this point, I hadn’t made any noise- I hadn’t shushed the dog or grumbled, nothing- I hadn’t turned on any lights, these kids had no indicators I was at the door. The older one spoke.

She had a voice that was mature, confidant, strong, and accentless. She held her head tilted downward, and I couldn’t see her eyes. She said “We have to use your phone.” I stood frozen in fear. How did she know I was there? She raised her head to face me directly, and that was when I saw her eyes. There was a reason I couldn’t see them through her bangs before- they were black, or midnight blue, or a dark, dark purple- they were otherworldly. she said. “Our mother is worried.”

As someone who has always been interested in creepy stories, I knew what she was the second she looked at me through the door. I have never been one to believe in these things- as a staunch Atheist and skeptic when it comes to the paranormal, I had written off many a ghost story from friends and family members eager to tell their tale. I didn’t believe it. Still, I couldn’t rationalize my way out of this- I was standing with nothing but a thin wooden door between me and a Black Eyed Kid. There was no questioning what was right in front of me.

I did not answer her. Slowly and silently, I backed away from the door, Lucy still cowering at my ankles. She kept talking. “Just let us in to use your phone.” I took another step back, and with that step, the tone changed. At first, she seemed polite. When I took that second step back, she became commanding, almost hostile. We’re not going to hurt you. If we wanted to do that, we would have broken in. I’ll ask again. May we come in and use your phone?” Lucy snarled at the door, and I inched backward, though something inside me seemed to be slowly pulling me back toward the door. It wasn’t a physical pulling so much as a subconcious need to go back and let them in.

I got to my room, covered up the window, locked the door, and sat there in the dim light of the nightlight. I heard her call me back to the door once more, and then quiet. I didn’t go back to sleep that night, and I haven’t slept right since. I know from reading about them that BEK’s can’t just come in without permission. I know they haven’t hurt anyone, but I still fear I’ll be the exception. When I told my husband, he said it was just a dream. He keeps telling me to forget it, but this lingering feeling of sadness, this dread when the house is silent at night, this fear of a knock at the door… this tells me otherwise.

Daps
Once My parents had left me alone home by myself I was about 16-17 old enough to take care of myself so no issues there. I had my dog with me who was a 130lb Akita. I'm good. Its about 11pm and I'm watching TV and my dog is laying on the floor right next to me.

I hear a KABOOOMMMM and the house shakes. Then everything is quiet. Me and the dog both jumped up. I run to look outside the windows and there is nothing there, nothing happening at all. I turn on all the outside lights get the dog and walk around the house making sure no tree branches of ufos crashed into the crib. nothing happening, all is quiet.

I'm freaking out.

End up falling asleep with the flashlight bat and dog all in my locked bedroom. no issues thru the night.

next morn I go into the garage and find the big ass spring that holds the garage door when it raises had popped and flew across the garage into a wall. thats what the noise was.

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
One time I was like 10 and I had slept by a friend house
We played n64 till about 3 in the morning and than he started telling me how he see's things at night and that he thinks his apartment is haunted. So while he's telling his story describing what he see his door just opens very violently as if somebody was barging in but nobody was there. I think about that shyt from time to time and it gives me the creeps

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Here's something creepy that happened to me a couple of days ago:
I went to take a shower and when I came out, the bathroom sink faucet turned on by itself. Probably something wrong with the faucet but I came out like :merchant:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Here's something creepy that happened to me a couple of days ago:
I went to take a shower and when I came out, the bathroom sink faucet turned on by itself. Probably something wrong with the faucet but I came out like :merchant:
Or u got high and left it on before you took a shower