Pete Rock "We Lost Our Integrity Chasing The Money"

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
b00ee69a-ae8a-4ffa-ba36-c79b7c9f2f30_DBC06835.jpeg

"Pete Rock has taken to Instagram to provide his opinion on the current state of Hip-Hop.

Inspired by a clip of Erick Sermon speaking with the Say Word! podcast back in November, Soul Brother Number 1 makes it clear that he isn't happy that the culture has evolved into one where money is the primary pursuit.

1b733ce4-611c-402e-9b16-752f5836f8e1_Screenshot+2024-01-04+at+1.27.04+PM.png

He writes, "They should change the music too WTF ����*♂️ tryna create a narrative that aint working. Pile driving the culture straight in the ground. We created real history! idk what da hell they creating today but it damn sure aint history or hip hop thats a fact. We lost our integrity chasing the money. The bag as they say has become the problem and the focus point in the culture. Makes it corny when yall make it about money smh �� Everyone extra sensitive about opinions smh. Soon as you have an opinion you're a hater automatically lol. Clown shyt �� we all out here working to make better music. Why dont try and do the same thing."

A year ago, Rock was engaged in a legal battle with Nas over unpaid Illmatic royalties. Rock produced/cowrote the track “The World Is Yours,” which was a major single from the album.

“Nas and his people have stonewalled me since 1994,” Pete Rock told Page Six. “My New Year’s resolution is to be compensated for my hard work on Illmatic.”

Pete Rock: "We lost our integrity chasing the money"