Phone Graphics Will Catch Up to PS4 and Xbox One in 2017, Says Leading Hardware Manufacturer

teacher

All Star
Daps
Just because it is feasible doesn't mean it's practical....for example....you can make a 4 cylinder make 500+ wHP but that car will have increased wear and tear vs it's bigger engine counterpart.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I still don't see why you guys don't believe this will happen, just look at what's powering the two current gen consoles right now.

The AMD Jaguar Family 16h is a low-power SoC microarchitecture designed by AMD, succeeding the Bobcat Family microarchitecture in 2013 and being succeeded by AMD'sPuma architecture in 2014. It is two-way superscalar and capable of out of order execution. It forms the basis for AMD's Semi-Custom Business Unit and four product families: Kabiniaimed at notebooks and mini PCs, Temash aimed at tablets, Kyoto aimed at micro-servers, and the G-Series aimed at embedded applications. Both the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox Oneuse chips based on the Jaguar microarchitecture.

So yall are saying phones and tablets in 1-2 years won't be on par with something from 4 years ago that was used for tablets, notebooks, and mini pcs :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I still don't see why you guys don't believe this will happen, just look at what's powering the two current gen consoles right now.

So yall are saying phones and tablets in 1-2 years won't be on par with something from 4 years ago that was used for tablets, notebooks, and mini pcs :mjlol:

no one is saying that. :snoop:

Of course I believe phones will have that kind of power....the issue is how long your phone gonna last battery wise running that shyt. :skip:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

Of course I believe phones will have that kind of power....the issue is how long your phone gonna last battery wise running that shyt. :skip:
I am guessing nvidia will start to offer it on a shield tablet rather soon.

I wonder how the shield products are doing for nvidia actually @daze23 @2gunsup

Any word if they will dip their hand into making a phone?

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

Well people were I'm not quoting the whole thread though.

But to put in perspective, right now Apple and Nvidia's strongest mobile gpus can go against some of Intels newest integrated desktop gpus and those benchmark pretty close in some cases. It's a given that as time goes on the chips will get more powerful but they'll also gonna be more energy efficient. Right now if you play a intensive mobile game you're only gonna be playing for 3-5 hours, 2 years from now that probably won't change too much.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

it'll probably last longer than the Sega Game Gear :skip:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Really good graphics on mobile are counter productive. They drain battery power and the phone isn't best for playing complex games.

The best selling games have simple graphics and intuitive gameplay.

But more power to y'all who want to play these games on a tiny ass screen.