Pippen & T-Mac discuss how they'd defend Harden

GilSho

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I'm pretty sure what Scottie is saying is how the Spurs defended Harden in the playoffs. Just pushed him off the 3 point line, chased, and forced him to shoot mid range jumpers. Over the course of 7 games he basically quit because of it. I'd say Scottie is right on the money, but no good teams want to commit that much effort during the regular season. Harden is black Peyton Manning.
This is a horrendous take lol. He didn't quit against the Spurs, he ran out of gas. Watch Game 5 again.

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
The Glove was the master of body positioning and using angles to defend

Your team has to be great at rotating in order to defend Harden

I'm not sure if anyone in today's league is capable of checking him

But I think in order to defend him, you have to wear him down a la 08 Celtics...Ray Allen, Pierce, Posey, Tony Allen...4 good perimeter defenders who took turns wearing down wing players

The only team capable of this right now is OKC

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Gary Payton would have success against Harden

glove would talk about his mama, not brush his teeth for 3 days, don't take shower, and make sure he talk about his daddy. them nikkas back in the day would do anything to slow down a prolific scorer.

harden's confidence level is all time high right now. only way to slow him down is to play tough D, but also get him in his head.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
It's kinda funny how people think full court pressing and double/triple teaming actually work. The Grizzlies & Nuggets recently tried that & it led to blowout victories. He'll find the open man every single time & it'll lead to wide open corner 3s. Just a matter if guys make it or not.

Ball denial seems pointless considering Harden is an iso scorer & lives on the perimeter. You'll take a few seconds off the clock but he'll still get the ball eventually. And that's only a short term option anyway due to CP3's absence.

What I've seen recently though is teams giving up the drive everytime instead of letting him dance with the ball. Bucks did this in our last game against them & forced him into Brook Lopez. Completely sell out to Harden & let the others beat you.

I think Pippen & T-Mac have the right idea but most of this only works with an elite defender. I'm talking Kawhi, AD, Roberson, PG etc.

:36

all scottie is saying is make harden work at it. :usure:

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prime Scottie wouldve had Harden in a phone booth

The same pippen that let mashburn and Jim Jackson run trains on him for 50 a Piece a few times when they went up

Yeah I’m :flabbynsick:

I watced those games and with these rules they would get hit by reg season harden also :whew: