PIXAR Season has returned....."Inside Out" is BRILLIANT

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
:mindblown:

I can't believe they turned this idea into a movie. And a movie this good.

It's not my favorite Pixar movie, and it's probably not even their best, but it's their most impressive imo. Certainly from a screenplay/concept perspective.

I also appreciate that they didn't feel the need to EXPLAIN the conclusion of the film to the audience. The opportunity was staring them right in the face, but they let the last act breathe. I wasn't entirely in love with a couple of minor beats, but overall.....it's really something special.

Also..... :russ:
"Forget it Jake, it's Cloud Town" made me look like an idiot being the only one in the theater laughing :dead:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Movie is legit. Not Toy Story great, but it was really good. It reminded me of The Wizard of Oz. When you watch it you'll know what I mean. The piano score is very very catchy. My only issue somewhat with the movie is that it's pretty sad. Even my son looked at me half way through and said "It's sad". Not exactly what I wanted him to take from the movie, but I guess that was the point some how. The movie is about dealing with new emotions and memories and stuff that make up our character. I will def watch this one again. I think Pixar got the idea for this movie after Toy Story 3's emotional ending and wanted to explore growing up from the human stand point. I give it a solid 4.5/5. A great story with very funny and interesting characters.

And why does every movie have to take place in San Francisco?:mindblown:

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
And why does every movie have to take place in San Francisco?:mindblown:
Incredibles is the only other movie i remember in SF, but I don't mind, Pixar is hq'ed here in the east bay and pretty much every other modern movie takes place in New York, la, and Chicago to an extent, I'm happy with them putting on for another city.

Anyway, I'll be taking my godsons to see this next weekend, I'm excited! Lol

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Haven't watched a Pixars film since Cars 2, and that was a major disappointment. I'll check this one out and man, I cannot wait for The Incredibles 2! Brad Bird is gonna kill it, I just know it!!!

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It was OK. Definitely over hyped. The concept and premise is >>>>>> execution. The short at the beginning was much better.
You're bugging breh. This movie was fukking genius as fukk. On so many god damn levels. Movie is damn near a Cognitive Psychology 101 class while teaching us about life, love, happiness, family, and loss/letting things go. I could write an entire page about how genius this fukking movie is.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
You're bugging breh. This movie was fukking genius as fukk. On so many god damn levels. Movie is damn near a Cognitive Psychology 101 class while teaching us about life, love, happiness, family, and loss/letting things go. I could write an entire page about how genius this fukking movie is.
Podcast I just peeped dude has it as his #1 pixar film . You got this over toy story breh?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Podcast I just peeped dude has it as his #1 pixar film . You got this over toy story breh?
not as a kids movie, nope, but as an adult, it's up there with wall-e as far as the subtext and depth. i really liked the concept, had me thinking about the all the memories and experiences that make me who i am