PlayStation accounts are being ‘permanently suspended’ and no one knows why

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But they can make a new account and since the game ownership is independent of any account they can play the game online without having to do anything more.
You can do the same with a digital game. It’s how game sharing works now.

If the system is set as your home system any account on that system can play your digital games without you logging in, so if you are banned and can’t play your games online, the other accounts are not banned and can still play online.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I’m telling you to go check your system.

Every time PSN goes down people run to the internet to say “i can’t play my games” and the answer is always that there playstation was not set to home.
I'm telling you you're full of shyt. My playstation has been set to primary for 3 generations, I dont do that account sharing shyt.

digital games have to be verified regularly, they do this by connecting to the internet every couple weeks. If you leave your console offline for a few weeks you'll start having issues verifying licenses for digital games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm telling you you're full of shyt. My playstation has been set to primary for 3 generations, I dont do that account sharing shyt.

digital games have to be verified regularly, they do this by connecting to the internet every couple weeks. If you leave your console offline for a few weeks you'll start having issues verifying licenses for digital games.
As usual i post links and official policy statements.

You guys post something a sony stan said somewhere and tell me i’m wrong :francis:

I bet any amount of money if you couldn’t access games it’s cause you didn’t have your console set to home. It’s not set that way by default. You have to go in and do it.

As for the two weeks thing that’s PSNow+ games. Again that’s sony’s official policy.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I told the brehs that. I'm never going all digital. The day we have no physical games is the day I stop buying games. Only shyt I cop digital is deep discounted.

I've said many many times that I hate a beef with digital games being priced the same as physical copies. That alone is a con.

I just pirate everything now except indie developers I follow closely :yeshrug:

They want to play hardball, well there you go.

Can't even play most games today without some type of update or online connection:camby:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I believe @MeachTheMonster is correct unless things have changed on the PS side.

As someone who would go months without my PS connected to the Internet sometimes (Ethernet cable) I didn't have problems playing a game I had purchased and downloaded.

In the past, same with the switch, although I did have a few games that wanted me to connect to the Internet for updates on switch before it would launch.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Seems like offline play is a setting different from primary console.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
I need to check my account I did change the password when the breach happened I wonder if it's connected to that.

Brother @Gizmo_Duck can you make sense to this :lupe:
you are the Moses of the tribe of sony