PlayStation State of Play 2pm PT/5pm ET

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I still want to understand the gameplay mechanics and loop behind deathloop. Im tired of seeing footage of it at this point.

• set on blackreef, former military base and the site of experiments which puts the island under a timeloop, a never ending party hosted by AEON takes place who want to maintain the loop
  • once clock hits midnight everything resets
  • have to kill 8 targets (visonaries) all in one day to break the loop. as long as one visionary is alive, the loop can be reset
  • can tackle the targets in whatever order you want
  • clock will move when you move between zones, completing an in-game objective will cause the clock to move forward more
  • julianna hunts you throughout the game, can disguise herself as any NPC, can be controlled by either an AI or human player (remnants of arkane's cancelled game 'the crossing')
  • one big map split into different districts which you can explore at will, learn enemy patterns, come up with strategies etc, can't do every single thing in a single day so use your time wisely
  • no non-lethal runs, stealth plays a part but isn't the main focus like in dishonored
  • no weapon or power wheels like dishonored, have to choose a specific loadout instead

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm personally not interested FF7R, Oddworld, FNAF or the MP game shown but otherwise I thought this was great. Returnal, Kena, Solar Ash, Sifu and Deathloop all looked great.

As an aside, it's interesting that the same people who complained about Sony showing only CGI trailers for games years away are now the same people complaining about gameplay only trailers for games coming this year. :unimpressed:

I guess x-box faggits are x-box faggits whatever the situation.