Plunging fertility rates are creating problems for Latin America

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
dont make shyt so expensive for people to live :beli: with that said people just have way more things to do with their lives. I am cool with one and done.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This trend is starting to look irreversible. Women want more opportunities and think having children limits it. Not to mention pregnancy and delivery is a life or death game. Add on how tough it is to raise a child without affordable childcare and how poor it can make you if you’re a single parent.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Not for much longer unfortunately. Southern and northern Africa are nearly at or even below 2 kids. And this new generation in Africa is already starting to show signs that it will follow other countries trends. African women are starting to value careers and education as well, its only a matter of time.
Personally, I don't think that's unfortunate, but whatever it is, until the general African demographic trend slows down, I believe well-managed immigration would alleviate pressures on social security systems until age distributions and Western demographic trends self-correct

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
The line of single mothers buying hot Cheetos at the grocery store says fertility rates amongst Latinos is just fine.