Poll: Which trilogy was better, Iron Man or The dark knight trilogy?

Better comic trilogy?

• Total voters

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
we really gonna pretend that iron man 1 wasn't a gamechanger :stopitslime:

if the 3rd act were a bit stronger we might still be referring to that movie as the GOAT.

Idk homie...as dope as it is, I don't think its seeing Dark Knight

For me, I gotta side with Dark Knight trilogy because I feel like the dark knight is the strongest movie of the 6 which puts it over the top. I don't like Iron man 2 or dark knight rises so then that pits batman begins and the dark knight vs iron man and iron man 3. If Batman Begins and Iron Man could be considered even, Dark Knight is a much better flick than iron man 3 although i do like it a lot. Aside from the technical aspects that it nails and having the better villain, I think it captures its central relationship/conflict (batman vs joker) better and the allegorical aspect of it as it relates to the war on terror and how far we're willing to go to stop the bad guys, etc just makes for a better viewing experience for me.

I popped the blu ray in a couple days ago to watch it since I hadn't in a while and it's just a perfect flick and that relationship between batman and the joker is incredibly realized and the engine that keeps the movie going.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Idk homie...as dope as it is, I don't think its seeing Dark Knight
dark knight had wayy more momentum going into its release than iron man did though. that movie felt like a classic before anyone had even seen it.

meanwhile iron man was a movie about a c-list character and would go on to launch the biggest franchise of the modern era.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
dark knight had wayy more momentum going into its release than iron man did though. that movie felt like a classic before anyone had even seen it.

meanwhile iron man was a movie about a c-list character and would go on to launch the biggest franchise of the modern era.

That's all true breh but we're talking quality. Impact is one thing but quality is another. They both had a huge impact because dark knight showed that you can make a comic book film just as good as an oscar nominated flick. You don't have to dumb down for the subject matter and in fact, you can uplift the subject matter by treating the characters a certain way and treating the plot and story in a certain way. Iron Man launched a studio, this is true, but Dark Knight is very similar to Rakim in the sense that it shifted the game; it changed the way people thought of comic book flicks and changed the expectations and the way they operated just like Rakim did with emceeing

Vice Queen

The First Lady of T$C
Supporter
Daps
I hate Iron Man 3, even more than Iron Man 2, and that could've been way better.
The Dark Knight trilogy was nearly, NEARLY flawless from top to bottom, save for a few issues.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I liked Iron Man 1 & 3 (although the Mandarin swerve was :camby:). Part 2 was absolute trash though.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That's all true breh but we're talking quality. Impact is one thing but quality is another. They both had a huge impact because dark knight showed that you can make a comic book film just as good as an oscar nominated flick. You don't have to dumb down for the subject matter and in fact, you can uplift the subject matter by treating the characters a certain way and treating the plot and story in a certain way. Iron Man launched a studio, this is true, but Dark Knight is very similar to Rakim in the sense that it shifted the game; it changed the way people thought of comic book flicks and changed the expectations and the way they operated just like Rakim did with emceeing
dark knight is the more ambitious "film" but iron man is the more entertaining movie imo.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
dark knight is the more ambitious "film" but iron man is the more entertaining movie imo.

And I'd disagree with iron man being the more entertaining film but like you said, that's your opinion so its subjective. They're both entertaining to me but dark knight gets the nod for the reasons i stated and because i just think it's the better put together movie. With that said, the fact that iron man came out as well as it did is a testament to Favreau and Downey because apparently they had little to no script going in and were writing on the fly and improvised a lot..which probably speaks to the weak 3rd act. I love both movies but I love dark knight more and it hits every thing I need for me to be thoroughly engaged and entertained

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we really gonna pretend that iron man 1 wasn't a gamechanger :stopitslime:

if the 3rd act were a bit stronger we might still be referring to that movie as the GOAT.

Iron Man 1 got its whole style from Batman Begins.

Batman Begins was the real gamechanger. People overlooked it when it first dropped because there were no recognizable villains and the Batman movie before it was trash.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Iron Man 1 got its whole style from Batman Begins.

Batman Begins was the real gamechanger. People overlooked it when it first dropped because there were no recognizable villains and the Batman movie before it was trash.
oh no doubt about iron man is essentially batman begins with a facelift. it used almost the same basic skeleton. but i just thought it was a much better movie.

but yes batman begins was a huge game changer. i credit it with being the movie that popularized the gritty origin reboot. everything from bond, to planet of the apes, to robocop, to just last year with dracula... so many franchises have been trying to capitalize on the wave that started with batman begins.

but iron man is ALSO a game changer because that movie would set the tone and lead the way for what would be the single biggest franchise of our time and rejuvenate the summer blockbuster season for years to come.