[POP] The Official FKA twigs Thread: M3LL155X EP IS OUT NOW!

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So there is this guy named BOOTS. He did hella production on Beyonce's last LP. This link breaks him down nice and succintly. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mylestanzer/meet-boots-the-unknown-guy-behind-beyonces-new-album

Aside from this link, the one song on his Soundcloud I listened to sounded pretty good production wise. I don't know that I'm feeling him as a singer. If he's on the EP, I hope he's just backing vocals because I need Queen twigs in all her glory.

Back in October, he posted a photo of his iTunes with songs that said "Glass & Patron, Glass & Patron mix and Mothercreep". On twigs' Google Glass video, it says that Glass & Patron is used in the video. I didn't download that photo and it has since been deleted.

Then he posted this on the 7th,

B13MY5GIYAE0pk3.jpg

As you can see, the fifth entry down (and possibly next to be released) states "fka ep3". This is very exciting news and I cannot wait. The third entry says "fka tour" and only has one strike though it. Her American tour dates end on December 4th and then there is a two and one half month gap before the UK leg starts on the 19th of February and ends on March 6th, 2015. I don't know if it will drop during the interim between tours of afterwards but I'm hoping it's the former and not the latter. If not, we might have some new twigs around April.

@Peak
@GaryPoochson
@Drew Wonder
@dank wit
@Zeu$
@choc_cardigan
@volk
@Christopher browns
@CaseyKent
@WOAHMYGOODNESS
@Goat poster
@CAVEMAN
@Bury Da Bwoy

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
Bae got more music dropping? :ohlawd:

Side note...a kid from detroit killed his self by drowning himself in a river and posted some pictures of twigs including one where she's head first in the ocean with a cryptic message...wonder if she heard about this

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So there is this guy named BOOTS. He did hella production on Beyonce's last LP. This link breaks him down nice and succintly. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mylestanzer/meet-boots-the-unknown-guy-behind-beyonces-new-album

Aside from this link, the one song on his Soundcloud I listened to sounded pretty good production wise. I don't know that I'm feeling him as a singer. If he's on the EP, I hope he's just backing vocals because I need Queen twigs in all her glory.

Back in October, he posted a photo of his iTunes with songs that said "Glass & Patron, Glass & Patron mix and Mothercreep". On twigs' Google Glass video, it says that Glass & Patron is used in the video. I didn't download that photo and it has since been deleted.

Then he posted this on the 7th,

B13MY5GIYAE0pk3.jpg

As you can see, the fifth entry down (and possibly next to be released) states "fka ep3". This is very exciting news and I cannot wait. The third entry says "fka tour" and only has one strike though it. Her American tour dates end on December 4th and then there is a two and one half month gap before the UK leg starts on the 19th of February and ends on March 6th, 2015. I don't know if it will drop during the interim between tours of afterwards but I'm hoping it's the former and not the latter. If not, we might have some new twigs around April.

@Peak
@GaryPoochson
@Drew Wonder
@dank wit
@Zeu$
@choc_cardigan
@volk
@Christopher browns
@CaseyKent
@WOAHMYGOODNESS
@Goat poster
@CAVEMAN
@Bury Da Bwoy

funny you posted this. was about to post that I saw her live at Union Transfer in Philly Friday, show was incredible, sounds almost as good live as she does in the studio

Anyway, there was a dude who opened for her, didn't say his name and no one had any idea who he was but the music sounded dope. later I found out he was Boots. guess it's no coincidence he's going on tour with her if they're working together

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bae got more music dropping? :ohlawd:

Side note...a kid from detroit killed his self by drowning himself in a river and posted some pictures of twigs including one where she's head first in the ocean with a cryptic message...wonder if she heard about this
I (we) hope so. I'm still laughing at the fact that she's still going with the "EP, LP" scheme. The Queen standard will not be denied.

funny you posted this. was about to post that I saw her live at Union Transfer in Philly Friday, show was incredible, sounds almost as good live as she does in the studio

Anyway, there was a dude who opened for her, didn't say his name and no one had any idea who he was but the music sounded dope. later I found out he was Boots. guess it's no coincidence he's going on tour with her if they're working together
It's a little disappointing because I know she can blow in real life but the actual performance leaves a little to be desired. I'm honestly over seeing her popping and locking but the crowds go nuts so Queen on young Queen.

I should have paid attention to the her tour mates. I definitely would have ran up on Boots and tried to grill him for information. I doubt she plays any venues where I could access her for an autograph much less a conversation anymore but he might be a different story. Can you give me a rundown of the show? Any unreleased music performed? Any interpolations of her songs or instrumental/ arrangement changes?

Oh yeah, @September , (respectfully) bring that ass in here and catch up on the newest update.

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
April is too far away :mjcry:

At least give me Glass and Patron before years end.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I (we) hope so. I'm still laughing at the fact that she's still going with the "EP, LP" scheme. The Queen standard will not be denied.

It's a little disappointing because I know she can blow in real life but the actual performance leaves a little to be desired. I'm honestly over seeing her popping and locking but the crowds go nuts so Queen on young Queen.

I should have paid attention to the her tour mates. I definitely would have ran up on Boots and tried to grill him for information. I doubt she plays any venues where I could access her for an autograph much less a conversation anymore but he might be a different story. Can you give me a rundown of the show? Any unreleased music performed? Any interpolations of her songs or instrumental/ arrangement changes?

Oh yeah, @September , (respectfully) bring that ass in here and catch up on the newest update.

nah, she kept it pretty standard, nothing knew. she did every song from LP1 except closer. She opened with the preface from LP1

then she went into Lights On

She talked to the crowd a bit(she's mad shy, slightly awkward when she's just talking lol)

Aside from the LP1 joints she also did Papi Pacify, Hide, Water Me and How's That(she closed with How's That)

her stage presence really impressed me. the combination of the visuals(lots of flashing lights, smoke) and her dance moves kind of puts you in a trance. this was my first time seeing her live so I thought it was dope though from what you're saying that's what she normally does

it was pretty crowded even though Union Transfer isn't a huge venue. Crowd was mixed. lot of white hipsters(male and female), black women, black male hipsters, and gays. If you're familiar with Philly it was the Northern Liberties crowd(kind of Philly's version of Williamsburg). people got hyped for every song though Two Weeks got the biggest reception

Boots was a dope opener. He wasn't listed on the bill so no one had any clue who he was but he controlled the crowd pretty well. after his first song, some chick in the crowd was like, "turn the bass down." He was like, "no" :birdman:that made me a fan of his right there :heh:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
My girl put me on this.
We typically take my car but we decided to take hers that day.
I cranked up her engine one day our way to the grocery store and 'Ache' popped on. I was
VyNm9xg.gif

behind the wheel at the light and had to ask who the the hell it was. Been hooked since.
When are we getting new music?
:ohlawd:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
My girl put me on this.
We typically take my car but we decided to take hers that day.
I cranked up her engine one day our way to the grocery store and 'Ache' popped on. I was
VyNm9xg.gif

behind the wheel at the light and had to ask who the the hell it was. Been hooked since.
When are we getting new music?
:ohlawd:
soon, her producer said he's got something in store for her