Post trump, republican party predictions.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
The Republican Party has fallen in upon it's self and found protection in a coc00n of it's own unintentional creation in which they hear and see everything that is happening yet choose to say nothing.

they lay in wait within this coc00n of silence.
they are feeding upon the endless garbage put out by trump.

the obvious lies.
the obvious lack of knowledge or curiosity.
the obvious lack of how a person engages with another person...yo...let me break it down real quick.

trump shook hands with other WORLD LEADERS and yanked them towards him.
what would you do if someone did that to you for the world to see?

what would you do if it happened in your regular life?

back to the coc00n.

the bar has been set so low.
whatever people disliked about the republican party has been pushed to beyond any limits we held
and are being pushed farther every day.

whatever the republicans become post trump, they can always say "AT LEAST WE AREN'T AS BAD AS TRUMP."

that gives them room to become much worse.

look out for the attempt to shift norms and have them pushed just to the edge of trump.

i fear that the republican party is undergoing an metamorphosis and will be reborn as something even worse than we already know it to be.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i don't think anyone is ready for what a modern day republican party can become post trump.
trump may have just been a wrecking ball that tore down the gates for what we once held up as "acceptable" for republicans.

that gate is a hell of allot wider now.

Batter Up

I'm the first to swing
Daps
There's no doubt he's lowered the bar for what's considered acceptable discourse in politics. I'd be shocked if more republicans didn't start being more bold with how they reach out to the deplorables now that Trump has shown them the way.

I also think a battle between the Paul Ryans, the hardline conservatives, and the populist/white nationalist Trump supporters for control over the direction of the party is inevitable.

Perhaps we'll see a 3rd party get formed out of the wreckage :mjgrin:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Republicans don't really care about Trump. they realize having control of Congress and their local and state governments will fulfill their agendas. They also got the most important thing out of the way for them and that's the SCOTUS pick.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
The Republican Party has fallen in upon it's self and found protection in a coc00n of it's own unintentional creation in which they hear and see everything that is happening yet choose to say nothing.

they lay in wait within this coc00n of silence.
they are feeding upon the endless garbage put out by trump.

the obvious lies.
the obvious lack of knowledge or curiosity.
the obvious lack of how a person engages with another person...yo...let me break it down real quick.

trump shook hands with other WORLD LEADERS and yanked them towards him.
what would you do if someone did that to you for the world to see?

what would you do if it happened in your regular life?

back to the coc00n.

the bar has been set so low.
whatever people disliked about the republican party has been pushed to beyond any limits we held
and are being pushed farther every day.

whatever the republicans become post trump, they can always say "AT LEAST WE AREN'T AS BAD AS TRUMP."

that gives them room to become much worse.

look out for the attempt to shift norms and have them pushed just to the edge of trump.

i fear that the republican party is undergoing an metamorphosis and will be reborn as something even worse than we already know it to be.
seal.jpg

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
GOP is becoming a turf war for the billionaires. The Kochs might make more in roads if Pence becomes President.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Trump's disposition and mannerisms are uniquely Trump and I doubt anyone else will successfully replicate that. You could see more Chris Christie types but not full on Trump at the presidential level (Senate as well but that depends on the state).

Ideologically he hasn't strayed far, or at all in most cases, from the GOP platform so nothing to recover from. They just have to hope "economic anxiety", dog-whistling, and SCOTUS can continue to turnout their base while voter suppression and gerrymandering marginalize the other.

In the meantime Trump may be able to energize their base enough to survive 2018. If not, they can just impeach him afterwards and try to take credit for it.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Trump's disposition and mannerisms are uniquely Trump and I doubt anyone else will successfully replicate that. You could see more Chris Christie types but not full on Trump at the presidential level (Senate as well but that depends on the state).

Ideologically he hasn't strayed far, or at all in most cases, from the GOP platform so nothing to recover from. They just have to hope "economic anxiety", dog-whistling, and SCOTUS can continue to turnout their base while voter suppression and gerrymandering marginalize the other.

In the meantime Trump may be able to energize their base enough to survive 2018. If not, they can just impeach him afterwards and try to take credit for it.

One of the comments:

If they are among the same Obama voters he'll keep losing them. He can only deliver on deportations and he will not risk losing non-Obama white voters by hinting the social/economic well being of minorities is a priority on par with whites. The rest of Trump's agenda, possibly the only portion of the Republican platform that can persist at the federal level is more Reaganomics and the continuation of Endless War, neither of which has helped a majority of voters of any demographic background.

Daps
Republicans are the smartest party in the country PURELY when it comes to how to win, not policy. They know how to galvanize their base into voting while the Democrats are floundering with no message except their disapproval of Trump and abortion. As CallMeJames said, they realize that Trump is not really important to them and at this point in his presidency most of them feel contempt for the man, so much so that I wouldn't be surprised if they oust him after they win in 2018. They're only as successful as the democrats are peripheral to Americans lives.