Post your favorite STEM textbooks/resources: Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, etc...

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Calculus8E_Larson.jpg

Ron Larsen is a really good Calculus book.

Mechanical Engineers do a lot more rigorous math than Civil Engineers. Mostly because anything that moves (mechanical systems) would need a lot of calculations and modeling. I took about 5 engineering courses with Mechanical Engineers, so I had to do a lot of math even had to use Differential Equations and Multi-variable Calculus.

But Calculus and Differential Equations were pretty useless except for my Hydraulics class, because it involved Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Systems. Its kind of cool to use integrals to find the formula A=(1/2)B*H (area of a triangle) or A=pi*a*b (area of an ellipse). Made me realize I don't have to really memorize formulas, a quick proof and voilà you have the formula.

Dot product was something that I use a lot to find the force that one component applies on another, like the force a rope applies on a beam. In physics it seemed like a useless concept. Cross product is mostly used by mechanical engineers because we are not really concerned with moment in most applications.

But I will say one thing, the 30 minutes the professor spends on proving a formula is critical, because with understanding the proof you can solve the problem no matter how they ask it or present it in the homework or the test. They can ask the problem a million different ways and you will be able to solve it with no problem, Engineering Physics I showed me how important proofs are and proofs are critical in Calculus III. If you just memorize the formula, its pointless cause you STILL have to learn how to use it and that's what proofs does...it teaches you how to use the formula.

I'm a Civil Engineer, so I use mostly basic math, but if I ever go get a Master's Degree I would have to fall back on my math background.

I still have my book from my college days, I had a good ass professor. Brother was smart ass hell, crazy and funny lol

1689xmb.jpg

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin
These are my O-Chem books for my lab and lecture and they were good books. The books broke down things very well and the the lecture book, in chapter one gives your a quick brush up on some g-chem you probably forgot. But truthfully my O-Chem teacher was excellent, brother knew this like the back of his hand; I still keep in contact with him 7 years later.

This is a good website, I used this a lot back when I was in college; it practically has every reaction there. The website even have a list of Oxidizing and Reducing Agents, it has everything: Organic Chemistry Portal

2jblbhc.jpg

2qb61zq.jpg

This guy freelanceteach makes good videos and breaks stuff real good:

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
These are my O-Chem books for my lab and lecture and they were good books. The books broke down things very well and the the lecture book, in chapter one gives your a quick brush up on some g-chem you probably forgot. But truthfully my O-Chem teacher was excellent, brother knew this like the back of his hand; I still keep in contact with him 7 years later.

This is a good website, I used this a lot back when I was in college; it practically has every reaction there. The website even have a list of Oxidizing and Reducing Agents, it has everything: Organic Chemistry Portal

2jblbhc.jpg

2qb61zq.jpg

This guy freelanceteach makes good videos and breaks stuff real good:

:blessed:

Thank you!!!! I took Orgo and forgot like 90% and can't find my book now!!!

It was a beast but it felt so good to finish that shyt!!!:mjcry:

Can you recommend a good PChem book? I hated mine...

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Multivariable calculus by James Stewart
9781305266735_l.jpg

For advanced math from nonlinear differential equations to chaos theory
Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos by Stephen Strogatz
116164._UY475_SS475_.jpg

And for intermediate quantum mechanics - Introduction to Quantum Mechanics by David J. Griffiths
412S773FWDL.jpg

Finally, an oldie but goodie for probability and stochastic processes if you are doing EE or physics
Probability, random variables, and stochastic processes by Athanasios Papoulis
31255GN7VkL._AC_UL320_SR212,320_.jpg

Bunchy Carter

Daps
Reppin
:blessed:

Thank you!!!! I took Orgo and forgot like 90% and can't find my book now!!!

It was a beast but it felt so good to finish that shyt!!!:mjcry:

Can you recommend a good PChem book? I hated mine...

I didn't take P Chem, that was an elective course (Majored in Biology) and I took Statistics. I wish I did take it.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Are we gonna post ebook download links or what? Need a ton of textbooks (for self education purposes)