Pre-Reasonable Doubt Hov

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
The first Dead Presidents song dropped around November/December 95. The album dropped in late June 96. It was a nice lil gap between the single and album so I guess they updated it with new lyrics so it wouldn't feel old.

yea i feel that but that shyt need more shine then it got, i dont no anybody outside of the tri state area that heard that version :sadbron: they think its just a from freestyle fade to black tour :wtb:

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
Did Jay's flow change around 94/95? Yea. Was it because of Illmatic? I don't think so due to the fact that Jay and Nas never really rapped the same. Plus around late 93ish/early 94, the fast rapping, high voice, animated style of rhyming got played out. And it got played out before Illmatic came out. If anything, I would say Illmatic inspired rappers like Jay and others to step their spitting game up. But did Jay changed his whole style solely off of Illmatic? I highly doubt it because like I said, they never really rapped the same back then or now.

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
Did Jay's flow change around 94/95? Yea. Was it because of Illmatic? I don't think so due to the fact that Jay and Nas never really rapped the same. Plus around late 93ish/early 94, the fast rapping, high voice, animated style of rhyming got played out. And it got played out before Illmatic came out. If anything, I would say Illmatic inspired rappers like Jay and others to step their spitting game up. But did Jay changed his whole style solely off of Illmatic? I highly doubt it because like I said, they never really rapped the same back then or now.

i think it was combanation of things i think it was mainly because of biggie
and that style just got played out.

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
You can post that freestyle he spit at the birthday party"met up with g rap on the road to riches"
That he later spit with big l

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
yea i feel that but that shyt need more shine then it got, i dont no anybody outside of the tri state area that heard that version :sadbron: they think its just a from freestyle fade to black tour :wtb:

:scusthov: That was the first song that started building his buzz... and it was the version on the video, which was getting pretty regular play when it was out. Wasn't a mega-hit of course, but I don't think it's all that obscure. Although I will say that if it didn't hit your radar at that time, I can see how you don't remember that, because it did kinda get overall "replaced" by the second one.

And yeah man... 'Reach The Top' makes me sad... cause Jay himself prob. doesn't even have a no-DJ quality version of that song, and hearing it made me wish he had put that on Reasonable Doubt, or even a single. That joint deserved way more light than it'll ever get. I've heard most of his pre-RD unreleased stuff, and that song is the only one that makes me think he deserved to get signed.