PreK kids recite sexy red lyrics... SKEEYEEEE! Will the Coli unanimously condemn degenerate music this time?

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
You posted a concert with adults and semi-adults. What's your point?

Are there some white toddlers in that audience?

My point is music is accessible for anyone with a computer, phone, or iPad. And that includes children. If you’re concerned about music with x rated content being accessible to children then ban all of the music. Not just music made by a woman who you’re uncomfortable with just because of the way she looks.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
My point is music is accessible for anyone with a computer, phone, or iPad. And that includes children. If you’re concerned about music with x rated content being accessible to children then ban all of the music. Not just music made by a woman who you’re uncomfortable with just because of the way she looks.

I don't care about how she looks. I'm saying it's a concerted attempt by those in control.

Why not put out a woman who looks like kids mothers who is making positive music?

That's what you see in other genres for other ethnicities. There's no balance for us.

Plus, no toddler/pre-k child should have free reign access to a phone or tablet etc with no filters/parameters and any content is permissible

But hey, you parent how you choose.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't care about how she looks. I'm saying it's a concerted attempt by those in control.

Why not put out a woman who looks like kids mothers who is making positive music?

That's what you see in other genres for other ethnicities. There's no balance for us.

Plus, no toddler/pre-k child should have free reign access to a phone or tablet etc with no filters/parameters and any content is permissible

You think that is going to fix the problem?

• Haha
Reactions: Why

V Skyye

All Star
Daps

I understand completely. But the issue is bigger than Sexy Red. Victoria Monet is a classy singer songwriter who just got nominated for seven Grammys. Every woman I know listens to her and Sza (who also got a lot of nominations). But the focus is all on thot rap, when they aren’t really selling or getting mainstream recognition like that. Drake put City Girls on the map and gave Sexy Red a bigger platform with the Rich Baby Daddy song. Where’s the smoke for him? Where’s the smoke for male rappers who create and promote extreme sexual content year after year?

We want to pick and choose when to be outraged, which is why no one takes it seriously.

And kids have access to computers and are typically doing homework and schoolwork 100% online from kindergarten. But kids always had access to these things. A lot of this thread is people giving examples of explicit songs they heard growing up. Urban radio is full of degeneracy. You have to hope the clean version is “clean” enough or listen to Kidz Bop.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's always been hip hop though
What's the difference between the music released 20 years ago compared to today
There were clean versions and some songs weren't being played until late night on the radio and after midnight for certain music videos. Also, must of our parents weren't ok with those raunchy songs so we had to sneak it

Daps
To build on how absurd and rehased this dumb shyt is did everyone forget how many people got pissed off at that fukking theif elvis for performing his dance moves on stage???? Mind you this was back in the fukking 50's. We've been through this time and time again and every time you look back and see how fukking silly it all is

Elvis Presley faced controversy over his iconic dance moves.​

Since mainstream culture was still conservative in the 1950s, Elvis and his iconic dance moves were considered vulgar; nevertheless, teen girls couldn't get enough of his trademark hip-swiveling and leg-shaking.
Now, the most controversial moment in Elvis's career comes from his June 1956 performance on The Milton Berle Show. While singing "Hound Dog," Elvis displayed his provocative side through the pelvis-shaking moves that left his fanbase in shambles.

Following the show, television critics nationwide slammed his performance and deemed Elvis untalented. PBS reported that critics also bashed the arrangement for its "appalling lack of musicality," as well as for its "vulgarity" and "animalism."

The Catholic Church also criticized Elvis, publishing a piece titled "Beware Elvis Presley."
According to PBS, the text argued the "Jailhouse Rock" vocalist heightened people's fears and concerns regarding juvenile delinquency and the transformation of moral values in the younger generation.
In 1956, Elvis spoke with TV Guide about his dance moves and revealed his hatred for the nickname "Elvis the Pelvis."
"I don’t roll my — what they call 'pelvic gyrations' — my pelvis has nothing to do with what I do," Elvis told the outlet. "I just — I get rhythm with the music. I jump around to it because I enjoy what I’m doing."

He added, "I’m not trying to be vulgar, not trying to [simulate] sex. I just do a lot of wigglin’ and quiverin’, but I never do a bump or grind. I can’t sit still when I sing, so the kids can’t sit still."

Sadly, it seemed no one cared about what Elvis had to say; his crowd-pleasing yet unchoreographed dance moves remained controversial, with many finding them instinctual and suggestive. These complaints made their way to multiple variety shows, with Ed Sullivan's CBS show only filming the singer's performances from the waist up.
Better yet, Elvis's July 1956 appearance on The Steve Allen Show featured a performance where mocked he his image with formal clothes and sang "Hound Dog" to an actual basset hound; this was to ensure the entire family could tune in to the show.
Wow, talk about degrading!
However, nothing is worse than the time Elvis nearly got arrested for his questionable dance moves.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how ANYONE at this point can not see this is a planned brainwashing.

Down to alot of these kids mothers probably look like Sexy Red and are in that age range. Thus what the kids see/hear is someone who looks like their mother.

To you defenders show where in country music, rock music, latin music etc where these negative, over-sexualized messages, profanity are being pushed on other ethnicities
When o was coming up we had

X-clan
Queen Latifa
Native tongues
Public enemy

Mixed in with the

Nwa
Etc…

Songs like be a father to your child etc…

It is brainwashing

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it’s the peer groups and in groups that affect kids. That’s how kids from good households feel like they gotta be street to be black. They want to fit in with the in group. Humans and animals will dumb themselves down to fit in with the ingroup.
And there is a certain in group that says whats lame and whats not that acts like taste makers in our community.

You have to follow up good parenting with good socialization. There needs to be a structuralized cultural norm in our community that can compete with Real nikkaology in influencing our masses

Nobody wants to talk about that. This is what happens when the Civil Rights Movement Generation died out, and replaced the elders with middle aged "real nikkas" with health problems and grey hair, vouching that they still cool and deep in the streets with trend hopping and so on.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
The issue will make a lot more sense when you realize that modern Black folks dont have a culture of social climbing to aspire to.

The sick don’t know they’re sick.