Prenups

Meksico

You can be kings, I'm trying to be an emperor
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Now I know #HOH and #GMB are what most seem to support on here, but for those that don't mind and are not recoiling from the thought of marriage like demons from holy water, what are your thoughts on prenups?:jbhmm:

Is it a must or is it looking to fail before you even start?
Would you ever have a prenup, or would you look down on someone who does?
Etc, etc.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
If you don't have anything to protect they mean nothing. Everything acquired postmarriage is deemed the property of both parties. I'd you have assets pre marriage they will be protected however. A lot of dudes seem to think they can write in things about assets they don't even have yet LOL

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
If you don't have anything to protect they mean nothing. Everything acquired postmarriage is deemed the property of both parties. I'd you have assets pre marriage they will be protected however. A lot of dudes seem to think they can write in things about assets they don't even have yet LOL

So what is the point of a prenup if assets pre-marriage are protected naturally?

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
  1. Most women's ego is too big to sign a prenup
  2. Most men don't have the balls to bring it up
  3. They can still be thrown out in court especially if she can make it seem it was signed under direst
  4. Though I'm #GMB; the don't even see the point of getting married--unless you dumb rich--and make a party sign one. That seems something you sign if ya'll are 70-30 unbalanced economically.

BlackDynamite310

All Star
Daps
I ain't getting one with the girl I'm with currently. Been with me since day one and I don't really have shyt to protect right now anyway. Honestly shell prolly make more with what she doing in the long run

King Frost

Stay Frosty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Pole
Ah gotcha. I misunderstood. Sounds like a prenup is mandatory then. In fact, why isn't that the standard way of shyt?

Because pre nups can be thrown out. It's so easy a new lawyer fresh off the BAR exam can do it
Five Reasons Your Prenup Might Be Invalid
10 Common Prenup Pitfalls | HuffPost
Top 10 Reasons a Premarital Agreement May be Invalid - FindLaw
Ten Things I hate about prenuptial agreements
:comeon:

Prenups won't save you from child support :ufdup:
In fact if the prenup contains anything about kids it's VOID

Last edited:

EmpressKali

Banned
Daps
Id say if it is a second marriage and you have kids with the first one or children than yes get one.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
heard some shyt about even if you buy the house in your name before you met and married the woman, she can still take it in the divorce. some shyt about depriving her of a home.

always ends with the dude ending up in a shytty apartment.