Prey | Hulu | Aug 5, 2022 | Predator vs Native Americans set 300 years in the past

Avisible Man

The animal that Hughve Hefner created
Daps
Really liked it. Naru was wielding that hatchet like she was Kratos' with the Blades of Chaos. :ehh:

god-of-war-fighting.gif

I liked the callback shot to "Predator" when Naru is up against the roots of the tree just like Dutch was, except she wasn't covered in mud. There were more but that stood out. Naru had her own "C'MON DO IT NOW!" and "he couldn't see me" callbacks too.

The Predator kills in this were :whew: Yo when he turned that dude and the tree into saw dust :picard::banderas:

I woulda liked hearing the actual Predator theme played or even just the leitmotif when he popped up on screen. I saw Silvestri's name and song in the credits too. That was too bad. shyt, Avengers: Infinity War used more Predator cues than Prey did.

I will say that the ending felt a lil truncated. In Predator, we see Dutch setting up his traps for the climax. We see Naru practicing throughout the film but that part was glossed over compared to what Arnold did. I still liked how they emphasized her agility, speed and stealth abilities. Also, when she let out her war-cry, I said "this woulda got a nice pop from the audience in the movie theater."

Good movie. It gets :3stars: from me. That would technically put it above Predator 2 and Predators, both :25stars: movies. And I'm someone who really likes both of those movies.

I think the Predator mighta been a goner against the bear in a fair one without the stealth camo. Iont know :patrice: What do y'all think?

Avisible Man

Daps
That was a great movie and was the first Predator movie I have ever watched. I'm thinking about re-watching the old ones, so which ones are the best and which ones are trash?

This is how the list goes:

Predator :35stars: (A classic and one of my favorite movies ever)

Predator 2 :25stars: ( A good movie that gets a bad rap)

Predators :25stars: (Also good and a step up coming after the AVP movies. Saw it in theaters and still have the ticket)

The Predator :2stars: (Mid: not bad, not good. Had a couple cool sequences. Also saw this in theaters and was disappointed)

AVP :2stars: (I enjoyed this for what it was, plus 04 Sanaa Lathan)

AVP Requiem :15star: (Maybe the worst movie I've ever seen)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The graphics/effects or whatever the fukk u wanna call it breh :mjtf:

And you a bold faced mf lie if you say these original Predator don't look goofy as shyt compared to Prey. When they go "invisible" abd blend in down to their outright design. Knock it off.
Bruh the reason the first predator holds up after 35 years is because it looks dope af.

This scene alone shyts on anything in Prey.

Predator is completely non cgi, at he looks dope af. Compared to an all cgi pred. Its no
Contest. Lets no even get into the terrible animal cgi.

Practical >>> Cgi

Avisible Man

Daps
Bruh the reason the first predator holds up after 35 years is because it looks dope af.

This scene alone shyts on anything in Prey.

Predator is completely non cgi, at he looks dope af. Compared to an all cgi pred. Its no
Contest. Lets no even get into the terrible animal cgi.

Practical >>> Cgi

He may never have heard of Stan Winston, The God. C'mon man: first two Predators. Aliens. Terminators. Jurassic Park. The Thing :banderas: All practical effects.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

Just finished watching this and holy shyt was I wrong this was amazing. The story was great and Naru was actually wrecking shyt. Just outsmarted that cheating ass Predator. Both Naru and her brother was giving him that work then the Predator did that sucker shyt. I damn near jumped out my seat when they showed the gun from Predator 2 at the end. When the French trappers were talking and someone said the name Rapahel I thought in the back of my mind.."Nah couldn't be the same one from the gun" and then
BAM
prey-raphael-adolini-gun.jpg

take-it-01a.jpg

Took them damn near 40 years but we finally have a great follow up to the classic. GREAT MOVIE.
She brought it home.:to::to:

Were the words “take…it” said

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
He may never have heard of Stan Winston, The God. C'mon man: first two Predators. Aliens. Terminators. Jurassic Park. The Thing :banderas: All practical effects.
Also, which many people forget is the other reason the predator in 1 and 2 looks so good is because of Kevin Peter Hall who embodied that creature and really brought him to life. Rip to the brother.

Avisible Man

Daps
Also, which many people forget is the other reason the predator in 1 and 2 looks so good os because of Keven Peter Hall who embodied that creature and really brought him to life. Rip to the brother.

That's right and he was also the pilot in the chopper. All the other predator actors lack his height and agility. This new dude is at least 6'9" and he was less bulky than previous versions. :dame:

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said that in my Predator voice when I saw the gun :russ:

I always thought since they mimick voices that when the person he got the gun from must’ve been dying and said “taaakkee….it” as his last words or something and then the predator repeated it wen he gave it to Danny glover

Similiar to that “what the hell are you”

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Basically humans who hunt with a rifle and kill an animal from 200 yards away.

BAD COMPARISON....

PREDATOR CAN KILL HUMANS
WITH THEIR BARE HANDS...

THE HUMAN WITH THE RIFLE
CANT KILL THE ANIMAL WITH
ITS BARE HANDS....

THE FACT THAT THE PREDATORS
LOSE TO HUMANS WITH ALL THESE
PHYSICAL & TECH ADVANTAGES MAKES ZERO SENSE
LET ALONE A 110 LB GIRL.

:devil:
:evil: