Prime Jason Kidd would never get swept by LeBron

Daps
injury excuse incoming

bu bu but kyle lowry still better than any version of kidd, advanced stats never lie
w7qMQJ2.png
So the Raptors get swept by LeBron/Cavs (Lowry only played two games - he didn't get swept), and yet that means Kidd is better because he never got swept by LeBron, as if he didn't get swept by worse players and worse teams?

:dead:

thecoli y'all.

Daps
J-Kidd got swept 4 times in his career:
1999 by Portland (0-3) with Phoenix
2002 by the Lakers (0-4) with New Jersey
2005 by the Heat (0-4) with New Jersey
2012 by the Thunder (0-4) with Dallas

:mjpls:
The Raptors get swept by the defending champs (where Lowry only played two games), and yet somehow that's a win for Kidd because he didn't get swept by a LeBron-led team, but he got swept by WORSE teams with #1 options not even remotely close to LeBron's ability.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
unless you were a heat fan, this was one of the GOAT title runs regardless of who you like
At the time I was glad we were playing them because it meant Dirk, Kidd, Marion, and Peja would be champions if we didn't win. In hindsight, I'm mad because they were the worst matchup for us with our lack of shooting and only one big man who was useful and healthy. I think Miami beats the other 3 western teams that made it to the semifinals. At least Dirk got to change the narrative about him though. He was getting a real shytty rap himself until then.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
The Raptors get swept by the defending champs (where Lowry only played two games), and yet somehow that's a win for Kidd because he didn't get swept by a LeBron-led team, but he got swept by WORSE teams with #1 options not even remotely close to LeBron's ability.

so now you are acting like lowry never got swept before?

nikka lowry got swept by wizards, that's a team worse than all those 4 mentioned teams

like I get it that point guards in this era are more advanced than ever before, but Kidd in his era was a legit superstar, meanwhile lowry is considered one of the biggest playoff underachievers.

Daps
so now you are acting like lowry never got swept before?

nikka lowry got swept by wizards, that's a team worse than all those 4 mentioned teams

like I get it that point guards in this era are more advanced than ever before, but Kidd in his era was a legit superstar, meanwhile lowry is considered one of the biggest playoff underachievers.
Explain to me why he's considered one of the biggest playoff underacheivers? :jbhmm:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the time I was glad we were playing them because it meant Dirk, Kidd, Marion, and Peja would be champions if we didn't win. In hindsight, I'm mad because they were the worst matchup for us with our lack of shooting and only one big man who was useful and healthy. I think Miami beats the other 3 western teams that made it to the semifinals. At least Dirk got to change the narrative about him though. He was getting a real shytty rap himself until then.

Dirk didn't even have to win another title after 2011:deadmanny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
unless you were a heat fan, this was one of the GOAT title runs regardless of who you like

That, objectively, was an incredible run. They played fantastic team basketball and just destroyed three elite teams. How many champions can say that they beat the previous year's champs AND both teams that went on to play in the next year's championship, and went 12-3 while doing so?