Prince Harry’s crass joke ‘Is it Mine’ about Meghan Markle’s pregnancy leaves Black women feeling

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were doing their royal duties visiting Morocco but it’s what the Duke joked about that has some of us feeling conflicted.

While visiting a school in the town of Asni, Markle visibly pregnant with their first child, was congratulated by one of the hosts about her forthcoming bundle of joy, PEOPLE reports.

The dad-to-be responded by cracking a joke, “What, you’re pregnant?”

Meghan played along and quipped “Surprise!”

Prince Harry's crass joke 'Is it Mine' about Meghan Markle's pregnancy leaves Black women feeling some type of way - theGrio

It was a slow day at the office.:francis:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Some black women are vicariously living through this halfbreed. So hopefully they get the full experience of dealing with a cac male, crass behavior and all

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
:beli:

How are they sensitive about this joke? And who the fukk cares about this couple like that. Gotdamn, I hate this society sometimes, people really get in their feelings over two complete strangers, projecting as if it's their own relationship. :snoop:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't have a problem with IR, and don't lose sleep over Black women who date white dudes. I don't sh!t what they eat, but damn I can't help but be astonished at times at how ridiculously sensitive and retarded at the same time some Black women are nowadays. I strongly emphasize "SOME" black women because most aren't this trivial. Most Black women are NOT concerned with Meghan Markle. I doubt if the average Black woman living her life even knows who Meghan Markle is. Still, this generation of idiots on Twitter, and Vulture, and The Grio, Jezebel, etc., just loves to speak out on behalf of all Black women and be offended for them. The following from that link is just flabbergasting to me.

Prince Harry's crass joke 'Is it Mine' about Meghan Markle's pregnancy leaves Black women feeling some type of way - theGrio

While it’s apparent that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were engaging in a playful exchange, it’s problematic for a Black woman to have the assertion that her baby daddy may not be the daddy in a world that already thinks Black women are loose.

This goes back to the hit dog hollering scenario. Most people that heard him make that joke did not think he was making light of so called "baby mama" and single mother culture, and yes it is a culture IMO. I highly doubt that was his intent. Funny though how immediately some Black women online felt disrespected by that quip. Why did their insecurity manifest itself all of a sudden? The answer to that is what interests me. My instincts are telling me it has to do with their aspirations. They want a kid but don't want a dude in their life. Don't want to deal with the responsibilities of a relationship. Don't want to be made an honest woman, or a wife. Which by default means they don't want to be judged for their piss poor decision making. This affects their psyche so much that they even get offended by humor that wasn't intended to be disparaging to them.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
1. She's not black. This is a white woman with a SOME black dna. Stop this one drop bullshyt.

2. Where are the supposed comments from "bitter" black women cause I didn't see shyt in that link that lead me to believe that

3. who cares