Private Equity firms have killed 1.3 million retail jobs since 2010.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
how is bringing up the fact that women and people of color who are often left out of talk about loss of jobs at the hands of corporate interests , especially black people in general, a dog whistle

We're talking about everyday people here..

All nationalities have lost retail jobs, mean and women.. So why even bring up the political dog whistles of "women and people of color", in a article that hurt men and women of all colors?

Shyt is getting real annoying like the person that always find a way to work Jesus into a conversation..

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how is bringing up the fact that women and people of color who are often left out of talk about loss of jobs at the hands of corporate interests , especially black people in general, a dog whistle

They are not left out of the talks of job loss.. The unemployment report is updated monthly or quarterly. Are not women and people of color included in the report?

I can specifically recall the collapse of the auto industry in Detroit (2009), where the focus was on the local workers who have lost their jobs.. It was black men and women who headlined that documentary..

Same with the housing collapse documentary that broadened the scope to include all races and ethnic groups..

I do a lot of contract work in small towns across the midwest.. Its people really hurting out here financially of all colors and backgrounds..

I rolled with equal pay for doing the same job.. And women getting a fair cut at corporate positions.. But to just put focus on women and people of color losing their jobs, just doest sit right with me personally..

It reminds me of that B.S stunt they pulled behind the Alabama senator elections saying "black women saved the day again"... When 96% of black women voted compared to 93% of black men voted the same.. The shyt was stupid, divisive and unnecessary..

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, man. As of now, it's the purest distillation of corporate greed out there. You go into any acquisition cycle KNOWING that you're going to fire a significant portion of the workforce. Not thinking it's a possibility, but knowing it to the point that it's bullet point in some dingus' PowerPoint presentation about what the plan is.

I understand that there's always got to be a bigger picture when it comes to the corporate level of planning and whatnot, and that almost always includes uncomfortable decisions, but shyt like this is flat out callous.

And for finance types PE is one of the preferred exit opportunities. They don’t even be caring. I couldn’t do it. They’re essentially just taking companies that actually provided value, then turning them into massive debt vehicles to finance their takeover and their 9 figure exits.