Probability of "stay at home"/martial law orders being used for climate change, etc?

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but the past few weeks have demonstrated that the current way of life could be the norm going forward. The service economy has been upended, the general population has been ordered to stay home with the exception of essential personnel, governments have openly said they will use your cell phone data to determine your path of movement if you become infected and local municipalities have used their drone program to spy on citizens under the guise of social distancing. Feels like a template to seize power has been given and when the next "emergency" comes up, they'll know how to execute it. That next emergency will probably be climate change as posted by Obama:

"We must stay inside to decrease the temperature by one degree" is a very realistic edict that can come down depending on who is in office and if they subscribe to this line of thinking.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” ~ James Madison

Valid or do I need to get some air?

Daps
I'm not a conspiracy theorist,

**Proceeds to post conspiracy theory**

:mjtf:

ImaginativeWhimsicalAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but the past few weeks have demonstrated that the current way of life could be the norm going forward. The service economy has been upended, the general population has been ordered to stay home with the exception of essential personnel, governments have openly said they will use your cell phone data to determine your path of movement if you become infected and local municipalities have used their drone program to spy on citizens under the guise of social distancing. Feels like a template to seize power has been given and when the next "emergency" comes up, they'll know how to execute it. That next emergency will probably be climate change as posted by Obama:

"We must stay inside to decrease the temperature by one degree" is a very realistic edict that can come down depending on who is in office and if they subscribe to this line of thinking.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” ~ James Madison

Valid or do I need to get some air?

You got a point. a$$holes always take advantage in a crisis

Daps
Why are so many black people bothered by these shutdowns and orders to stay in shelter? First, it's for a good cause, the best one I can think of - your health. Secondly, why do YOU care? This system was not created for us, so why should any of us give a shyt if a system that wasn't working for black people doesn't recover from this crisis? :yeshrug:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Why are so many black people bothered by these shutdowns and orders to stay in shelter? First, it's for a good cause, the best one I can think of - your health. Secondly, why do YOU care? This system was not created for us, so why should any of us give a shyt if a system that wasn't working for black people doesn't recover from this crisis? :yeshrug:

If the country doesn't recover, it impacts everyone.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
No it isn't. The temperature is not going to decrease whatever we're going to do. We could only slow down its rise through radical measures. Staying inside is not one of those radical measures. It would change nothing and would be denounced unanimously by scientists.

If we don't take real radical measures concerning climate change though, some places will touch the 120°F with ease. At this temperature, the body stops functioning; you can't go outside, not because some dictator told you to, but because if you don't, you'll die. I'm more afraid of nature law than martial law.