Project Hololens X Minecraft

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
sawsn0orq4i6nfdcplc1.gif

Microsoft's biggest reveal during today's Windows 10 event was Project Hololens, a wearable visor that will insert holograms into a person's field of vision. If their hype video is to be believed, it's going to be just the thing to make Minecraft completely immersive. And completely inescapable.

The presentation from today's event showed a video that highlighted Microsoft's ambitious goals for Hololens, which basically amounted to a real world with interactive holograms overlaid on top of it. Interacting with Minecraft was one of the uses shown for Hololens. Implementation like this is probably years away but it sure looked cool.
v0dhruxxokgicnjjwoqi.gif

:damn::blessed::ohlawd:

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
:wow:

Meanwhile S00ny still strugglin with Morpheus :mjlol: I told yall, when MS drops that VR goggle its over! We rich bytch! And this is just a hololens :whoo:

Daps
This video is interesting. I think this has more potential than google glass...it is more of a device where people will have to think up all sorts of things to use if for. It is more like enhanced reality...or an overlay...than virtual reality.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need to see it in person, same with oculus. I was surprised by the fluidity but underwhelmed by the resolution. I know that can be fixed tho.

I dont think this renders VR obsolete either, can always just put a camera outside the VR unit and project the real world into the fake world and drop overlay on that. What i dont get about hololens is how it detects what type of surface im looking at, gotta be like some markers or pads that signify what gets the augmented overlay..

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Remember what Kinect promised.... :mjpls:

Nice idea, but MS isn't an electronics manufacturer, so making this work the way the demo does and keeping the pricing reasonable will be difficult for them.